CHAPTER 1

Morgan

Morgan A'Shaily Sage is my name. I'm 17 and I love myself as much as I can. I am a senior that attends California High School. As you must know, I'm from the east side of California but originally I'm from Miami. I'm a nice, quite, nerdy girl. I'm a all A student with a nice shape. I'm 5'1 but if you seen me you would thing I was 4'8.

I have a lightskin complexion along with pretty natural black hair. My parents are two married doctors. They're hardly home but I'm fine with that. I like being to myself and out the mix. Best way to be because I never have to worry about what a people hear about me or how people feel about me.

I was now headed home walking beside my bestfriend who name is Anastasia aka Tasia. We're definitely two different people. She the type to party, be late for class, bold figures, and don't mind popping anybody on a Sunday. We meet when I moved out here. I was being "bullied" and she beat up the girl who bullied me. Ever since we've been friends.

"Girl did you hear about RJ?" She asked as we walked in the sidewalk together. I was reading my book called Justice for the black. 

"No" I said and she looked at me with widened eyes.

"I mean what, I'm suppose to know him?" I asked her as we turned the corner on her street.

"Girl that is the best California drug dealer alive" she said with excitement.

"That nigga is the wrong person to mess with and let's now forget he is FINEEEE" she said dramatically causing me to roll my eyes in disgust.

"So" I said and she stop causing me to stop. "He ain't putting no money in my pocket so why should I care about who he is and why should I care what he do?" I asked her as I continued my walk home.

"Girl once you see him you'll melt" she said and I shrugged not caring.

"And he coming to our school tomorrow. I know all the girls gone be all over him" she said and I rolled my eyes as we stopped at her driveway.

"Girl I'll see you tomorrow" I said and she smiled at me.

"And I don't care about this dude you discussing so don't tell me about it" I told her and she smacked her teeth fanning me off.

"Oh girl bye, you'll care tomorrow once you see him" she said walking up her driveway.

I continued my walk home reading my book. I had about ten more minutes before I reached home. As I turned the corner it was a lil boy going towards the road and a car was coming. I quickly picked him up putting him back on the sidewalk.

"Oh god thank you so much" the lady ran out the house. I looked up to see a pretty light skin women with another baby in her arms.

"Oh no it's fine, I just wanted to make sure he was ok" I told her and she nodded. She looked stress.

"Come on here" she said and as I was about to continue walking he ran back and hugged my leg causing me to smile.

"Awww" I said as I rubbed his back.

"Do you babysit?" She asked me and I bit my lip.

"Well no but I wouldn't mind babysitting lil man right here" I said rubbing his back casing hm to look up and smile at me.

"Can I have your number than?" She asked me and I nodded my head as she pulled her phone out. I typed my number in and saved my contact.

"There you go. I get out of school at 2 if you need me I'll come by and get him" I told her and she nodded smiling at me.