Underneath A Thousand Shining Stars| KomaHina Oneshot

Warning- Homophobia, the stereotyping kind of homophobic portrayed! Please read at your own discretion! Disclaimer 2- The person portrayed as homophobic, (or stereotyping) is probably not homophobic as a game character and I do not hate them (kind of)! If I offend anybody who wants to read this, I'm really sorry! Please tell me so I can change it!

        Nagito yawned, biting his to keep quiet. He was invited to this party, so he shouldn't show any signs of negativity. It was a blessing he was even invited in the first place. The second blessing was Hajime, but that's obvious to everyone but Hajime. He tugged at his tight-fitted "casual" suit and decided to try to follow one of the lights reflecting off the disco ball with his eyes. He failed two seconds in because Hajime was by the snack bar, sneaking literally every snack into his bag. Komaeda couldn't take his eyes off him, and the way he moved. Perhaps this was a way of his luck telling him to go talk with the boy.

       "Hey, Nagito! Who are you checking out this time?" Hiyoko asked cheerfully, approaching him with her kimono trailing behind her. He felt his face drop and held in a sigh," I wouldn't even think of checking out anyone at the party, they deserve someone with a real talent." Nagito said wistfully, just wanting Hiyoko to go away. She thought for a moment, and blurted out," So how many guys in our class have you dated so far? A lot, I bet!" Nagito nearly bit his tongue off trying not to snap back. The worst part was that she seemed absolutely genuine, and that scared him that an ultimate could ever show such... disgusting behavior, even if they didn't mean it.

      Hiyoko turned around, seeing where Nagito's eyes were directed at and pointed to a purple haired boy and a green haired one. With no hint of subtly, she asked," Oh! Are you going for those two? Good luck getting them both!" She said, clapping Nagito on the back pretty harshly." You should join us at our next hangout too, Komaeda! We're braiding each other's hair!" Nagito felt like puking, but resisted the urge to turn his back. A gentle, coarse hand suddenly appeared on his shoulder and he nearly jumped." Ah, Hiyoko, that's not very kind," Hajime said from behind Nagito. And he couldn't hold it in.

       Nagito began to tear up and hesitated for a moment." What a disappointment! I thought you were an ultimate! Ah, I guess not all ultimates turn out to be anything succes-" Hajime suddenly spun him around, sliding his hand down onto Nagito's wrist." Sorry Hiyoko, I stole- took some snacks and Nagito needs to get home before 11 or else he'll bug me in the morning," Hajime said quickly and strode out of the club, the disco lights reflecting off his back in a thousand rays. But Nagito didn't notice that, because as soon as Hajime stopped walking, he turned around to hide his face and just began to cry.

       There was a clattering sound and Nagito glanced up, seeing Hajime sat on the dumpster. He smiled at Nagito, which made his tears freeze for just a moment. Ko climbed up onto the dumpster as well and stared at the pitch black sky." I'm sorry for her," Hajime said after a beat of silence. He continued," She just... never grew up around us and got her information from... not the best sources." Nagito stared at Hajime for a second. He didn't do anything wrong, but was still apologizing. What kind of level of nice do you need to have to be like him?" Try not to snap at her next time though, we'll educate her soon," As he was taking in Hajime's words, he realized he said us. And then he realized Hajime had his hand tightly closed in Nagito's hand. He directed his gaze at the sky, tears still streaking down his face.

       Then a thousand little buds lit up the night sky. Nagito stared in awe as stars began to appear in clusters. He let out a small laugh, rubbing Hajime's hand quietly. It was like fireworks, but it was just stars. A bunch of stars. His head was suddenly turned to face Hajime, and before he knew it, he was kissing the brunette with everything he had.

      And the stars glittered above them.