67. Out Of The Dark - ✭SEAN✭

Comenzar desde el principio

Then Christmas dinner when Raegan's husband had asked about her whereabouts not so subtly in front of everyone. Seth and Rae had looked at each other and the one thing my son does that is completely unlike me is show every single emotion on his face. Just taking one glance at him glancing at Rae, you knew. You knew exactly where Raegan had been, which was happily lying with my son, most likely committing infidelity with him.

When she'd dropped him off that night I'd known where she was going. She was off to see my son, the man she was genuinely in love with. When he'd come to pick them up, looking tortured but determined, determined to get them home safe, I'd never been sadder or prouder. He'd make sure they got home safely, even if that was safely with another man.

And when I'd peaked out the window, looking through the endless flurries, I'd watched him put that little boy in his truck. Directly after he'd pulled Raegan into his arms and pinned her against the truck. They'd kissed passionately and my heart broke for my son because I knew he was going to have to let her go again.

Once they'd driven off I'd waited about fifteen or so minutes until I had changed and gotten ready to go take on the snow. Katie had given me a worried expression because Nor'easters were no joke. This amount of snow was extremely dangerous to drive in but I knew how to, just like my son. I'd taught him. You figure it out, you manage, especially when the ones you love need you.

It took me a while as the snow had plummeted down from the sky but I'd eventually made it to the gym. I knew my son would go here because I'm sure the reminder of her in his home was too much. I'd done the same thing when trying to forget about Monica. I'd gone to Trevor's loft and stayed there for two weeks. Well, I'd gotten completely fucked up but Seth isn't like me in that way, thank Christ. But he needed to separate himself from the memories because, from what I've gathered, he has a visual memory much like mine.

Thank fucking God it's not filled with the bullshit that is in mine.

Once I'd pulled up to the outside my heart started beating rapidly as I saw his truck parked on the street. My heart thundered inside of me because the windows to the place were smashed in as was the door. I'd jumped out of my truck and had immediately gone inside not giving a single fuck who may or may not be there because if anyone hurt my fucking son I'd end their fucking life.

I'd called out for him. I'd screamed at the top of my lungs my sons name. I'd felt the tears flow down my face as I went throughout the scene of destruction. I went from room to room and remembered a time where I'd done this with my best friend, my brother. My anxiety, my darkness, all that brokenness flowed through my veins. All of my demons came to the surface in that moment.

Then there was the back door. It was propped open by debris and I'd felt a chill roll throughout my entire body. I yelled his name again and found my voice unsteady, almost unable to say his name. I made my feet move one after another to the door and when I opened it I'd screamed Seth's name louder than I ever have screamed anything painfully in my entire life.

There he was, covered in a layer of snow, surrounded by a pool of his own blood. I'd ran to him, feeling a harsh sob escape me as I began to see the extent of the damage. His face was bloodied, black, and blue. The back of his head was one of the sources of the bleeding.

I'd picked him up and cradled his lifeless body in my arms feeling myself want to lose absolute control but I didn't. I'd checked for a pulse and when I'd found one my heart started to beat again. I'd told him it was going to be okay, that I had him and the situation was so reminiscent of what had happened with Trevor I could hardly contain the demons writhing within me.

I'd fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed the authorities right away. I sat there in the snow holding him to me. I'd rocked him back and forth just like I had when he was an infant, just like I had when Monica was alive. He was my last piece of Monica and if I lost him I might as well just drown myself. Because who gives a single fuck about sobriety if the one thing in the world you'd created with someone who'd changed your entire fucking existence dies.

He's the last living piece of the absolute love of my life.

I'd begged him to stay with me. I'd begged him to stay strong as he bled all over me. I'd begged him not to leave me too. I'd pleaded with his limp body to not leave me in a snowstorm just like his mother had. And I'd cursed God. I'd cursed him relentlessly for continuously fucking with me.

God is a fucking cruel sadist.

But here we are, Seth is in a hospital, at least he's doing better. And at least he's not brain dead, which is what they'd originally thought when they'd looked at the wound on the back of his skull. He's got a skull fracture, five broken ribs, and some minor internal bleeding. He also had a serious concussion, which is why he's been in and out of it.

When police had asked me who I'd thought was responsible I'd said I didn't know. Seth had a lot of people who weren't his biggest fan in the boxing world but I know no one would ever disrespect him like this. There was only one person I could think of who'd want to ruin everything for him. Only one person I could think of who would want to take everything from him, even if it was his life.

That man is Liam fucking Anderson.