Part 27

You know how when you go to sleep at night you start to wonder about stuff? Some people wonder about what their dream will be about. Other people wonder about everything that will happen tomorrow, and some imagine their future. I guess it creates a happier present for them knowing they have a nice road. They think they know what they will do and how to do it. It doesn't work that way. Anytime you try to plan your future, you're setting yourself up for failure. Well, not failure so much. More like disappointment. There's no way to win. Try to live life day by day, people say you need a plan.
Try to plan your future, people say you don't know what's gonna happen along the way, so you can't.

"Beyonce! Look out!" I was snapped out of my thoughts by a football falling. It missed me by half an inch probobly.

"Thanks Kelly." She nodded her head and went back to talking to whatever boy she was talking to. She'll never learn.

"SHAWN! GET OVER HERE!" Coach Jefferson didn't seem to happy with him. Too bad, I thought he was doing a very good job playing. He ran over to the couch and took his helmet off. He threw it on the floor and sat down on the bench.

"What was that Shawn? I know you saw him coming! Don't miss it next time!" The coach was all in his face. I knew Shawn would snap. The coach walked back to the sideline, leaving Shawn to air out his anger.

"Yo Carter! It's cool man." One guy from the team came over to him and handed him a bottle of Gatorade.

"I should have had him! Fuck!" He got up and walked away. Usually, I would try to make him feel better, but now was not the time to try and butter him up or anything.

"Beyonce your man is sucking today. What a shame." Kelly said laughing.

"Fall hoe!" I replied flicking her off.

"He is kinda bad today." Michelle sat down next to me and I just shrugged my shoulder.

"I don't know why. He was fine all day."

We continued watching the game until halftime hit. Then it was on for us. I started doing flips and Michelle was up in the air constantly. As for Kelly, she was doing her own thing to get the guys hyped up.

"Kelly there goes Roy!" I had to do it. As soon as I said that she jumped away from the bleachers and cheered. Too bad I lied! She should have known his ass wasn't here. It's halftime, he's in the locker room, duh.

"You slut bag!" She tried to throw a cup at me but she didn't make it.

"I love how he has you whipped. What a shame." I said laughing at her.

"He doesn't have me whipped. I have his ass whipped!" She looked like she was gonna take my head off. If there's anything she hated, it's being called whipped by someone. And that is the reason why I always do it to her. She gets so mad it's funny.

"Beyonce, there goes Shawn." Michelle pointed to him. He was walking out of the locker room and towards the main building. I slowly ran over to him to see what was up.

"Shawn wait up!" He stopped walking and turned around.

"What do you want?" Oh hell no. I don't know what his problem is but no. This attitude is not working for me.

"Damn sorry I cared. I tried to see what was wrong with you but nevermind now." I turned around and started walking only to be stopped by him grabbing my arm.

"I'm sorry." I turned around and looked him in the eyes.

"What's wrong?" Maybe this time his ass won't get all bitchy on me.

"I don't like to lose, and it looks like we will." That's it? He's being a pussy because of this little game? Well it's not really little. It's our homecoming game, but still. It's just a game.

"Don't worry. We're only down by one touchdown. Do you really think we can't come back?" I don't think we can. Every time we're down in a game, the players get all pissy and we never win it. I guess it's a man thing. Or maybe it's just a stupid thing.
Either way, we suck when we're down.

"You're right. But I still gotta go to the nurse's office and get my inhaler." Oh poor baby, he needs his inhaler. Can't take it like a man? Okay let me stop.
He's gonna pass out in front of me and it's gonna be my fault.

"Alright. Just remember, win this one for me!" I gave him a kiss and ran back to the field.

"So what was his problem?" Damn Kelly is always in someone's business other than her own. All the damn time. She doesn't care what's going on in her life. Nope, not at all. She cares about other people's lives and problems.

"He needed his inhaler damn. You are too nosy sometimes." All I got back in response was her middle finger.

"Naw, maybe you can ask Roy though." I know she got what I meant. I KNOW SHE GOT IT! She better. That mess was funny. I can't be wasting all my good jokes on her if she's not getting them.

"Yo Kelly! Come here!" I know that voice from somewhere. I don't even know where it's coming from but I know it.

"What the fuck does he want?" I saw Michelle's face change. I turned to see where she was looking at I'll be damned it was Flex and his crusty lips.

"Damn damn damn damn!" Kelly started stomping her feet and looking mad.

"I thought you guys were friends." Ha! I bet her stupid self finally got the clue that he's nothing but shit.

"He tried to kiss me this morning. He snuck his ass into the girls bathroom. I kicked him and ran. Damn him!" She walked over to couch Johnson and whispered something in her ear. Damn whisper!
I hate when I can't hear what people are saying. I'm still not nosy. I just like to know what's going on.

Kelly ran back our way and towards Flex. I thought this bitch was crazy. That was until I saw him try to grab her and she moved out of the way. Smart little girl! She ran into the locker room where the team was. This can't be good. I know Roy is bound to come out of there sooner or later. And just like I said, he came out dragging her with him. He made his way over to us and Kelly was smiling behind him.

"Where the fuck is he?" Me and Michelle got scared of Roy for a second. I never saw him angry.
I mean, he's been mad but he never used a harsh tone like this before. I pointed in Flex's direction and he took off. Kelly stayed back with us and just continued smiling.

"What did you tell him now Kelly?" She better have told him the truth kuz if she made shit up that's stupid.

"I told him he tried to force himself on me this morning. Now shut up and enjoy the show you're about to get."

Before I could yell at her for telling me to shut up, I saw Roy beating Flex's ass badly. He looked like he was enjoying it too. The security ran towards them. They pulled Roy off of him but the people in the bleachers started beating Flex's ass as well. That's love right there! The security escorted Roy slowly back to the locker room. He passed by us and smiled.

"Meet me in front of the locker room after the game. You hear me?" Kelly nodded her head and they took him inside.

"Kelly, do you realize he might not be able to play again tonight?" She didn't even seem to care about anything anymore. It's like she was turned on by him. It was traumatizing for me and Michelle.

"I don't think he'll mind." She left us and went to go sit down on a bench.

Damn, why can't I go back to first grade? I didn't even know what drama was!