Part 6

We walked to our class and walked inside. Of course Ms. Johnson was excited. I told you she loved us. She gave Kelly and I a hug and smiled.

"I was so excited when I saw your names on my roster."

We both laughed. "We were excited when we saw your name too." I wasn't lying. When we saw her name we knew we had it made this year. For sure.

"So where's Michelle? I know I saw her name too." Well damn. I guess she really was excited about us in her class. I can't blame her though, we are the funnest people to be around. Yup. Is funnest a word? It doesn't even matter. Where is Michelle anyways? Hurry up chick! Saying that helped kuz she walked in the door on Roy's back.

"There she is." I pointed to her and Kelly's facial expression changed right away. She looked really mad. Roy brings it out of her.

"I'll be taking my seat in the back." She walked away to the back and kept her eyes on him. She put her backpack in the seat next to her. That's right. She was smart, she knew she had to save seats for us. She kept putting different things in the seats around her. Pure genius.

Michelle got off of Roy's back and ran over to Ms. Johnson and me. She hugged her and smiled.

"I love my mama Johnson."

"That's right, mama Johnson.

We called her that kuz she was always there when we needed to talk to her. It's not that we didn't have people at home or nothing. It's just that she never judged us and offered us her time. At home, it was different. Everyone worked. It was hard to find time to talk to people at home for real.

I looked over at Kelly and of course Roy already took one of the seats next to her and was bothering her. Sometimes I wonder about her. Why can't she just get with him? It's not like he's a bad person. Roy was the best guy she could have. I think she knew, but didn't want to admit it. I can't blame her.

"Yo Ms. Johnson! Kelly be bothering me over here!" There he goes just asking to get slapped by her. She looked at him and he got up slowly.

"Roy! Leave her alone!"

Kelly looked at Ms. Johnson and smiled. "Thank you mama Johnson." See? Mama Johnson. I told you.

"I ain't do nothing though! It was her!" Roy really wants to get his ass beat by Kelly.

"I can't have you sitting by me all year. You gotta move now." She took his stuff and pushed it down.

"Don't be pushing my shit like that." He had a serious look on his face. Uh oh, not another fight.

"Nigga please, you won't do nothing so it don't matter." Oh yeah, fight.

"Why wouldn't I? My mama only said not to hit girls, and apparently that don't apply to you." Oh shit. He really started it now. She got up quickly.

"Aiight then, let's take this outside." It was the first day of school people! Not even half of the day passed.

"Kelly, just drop it." I had to try and keep the peace if no one else would.

"Nah, it's too late now. Come on Roy, if you ain't afraid, let's go outside."

I knew there was no stopping her now. Me and Michelle walked over to her. We knew if we didn't that she would swing at him in a matter of seconds. Shawn walked behind Roy. It's not like Roy would swing at Kelly or anything. Nah, definetally not. Shawn just stood behind him in case Kelly started whooping his ass. She was wild, and we all knew me and Michelle wouldn't be able to control her.

"I ain't gonna hit you Kelly, and you know that. So just calm down." Maybe him saying that will help.

"Kuz you a big pussy that's why." She sat back down and looked forward.