Part 25

Okay so after that whole Kelly and Roy fight earlier I just didn't feel like doing anything. He did call her back and apologize for hanging up though. I don't see why, she was the one that was wrong. Not for long though, she got herself together and cancelled the plans. I guess we all really got through to her. Or she just didn't want Roy to be mad at her. Either way, it worked. I don't care how, I just care that it did.

I'm about ready to get up off of this bench and go home kuz Shawn is taking too long to get here. Better have a good excuse. It's not like he's lost. He's been going to this park since he first moved down here. It's Saturday night and I'm sitting alone in a dark park. Oh boy. It's like I was asking to end up on the 11 o'clock news with my body in sixteen different pieces. Okay he really needs to hurry up.
To top all this bad shit off, it's cold out here. Not exactly summer right now is it? And he has me waiting out here. No jacket. No socks. No heat!

"Sorry I'm late." I turned my head to the side and there he was just walking normally up to me. At least his toes aren't frozen.

"Better be sorry. Do you know how long I've been out here? I'm freezing Shawn!" He sat down next to me on the bench and hugged me tight.

"So you ready to play?" I backed away from the hug and stood up.

"Been ready." I walked away and to the basketball courts.

See, Shawn and I have a tradition of playing ball at this park every Saturday. Around eleven at night we would meet here and play together. No one knows about it. We usually say we're going somewhere else. We wanna keep this place a secret between us for now. It's just somewhere we can go to talk and relieve stress. No need for others. They wouldn't understand how and why this is calming for us. We even come out here in the Winter. We don't play as long during that time but we do sit around and talk to each other.

"Okay first to 21." Shawn grabbed our ball from the secret bush and threw it to me. He took his shirt off and threw it down and I tied my shoes.

"Ready to get beat again?" I bounced the ball up to half court and he flicked me off.

"That's what I think about you winning." He's just mad kuz I beat his ass last time.

"That's what I think about doing tonight." I stuck my tounge out at him and threw the ball at his face.

"But since you wanna be all rude and shit, that thought has left my mind. Now give me the ball so I can start whooping you." He threw the ball back at me and our game officially started.

"Come on Ms. Princess." He started bumping me and I couldn't get away from him.

"Damn don't be mad at me, be mad at ya mama for not giving you skill." I finally pushed past him and got my first basket.

"You would know all about not having skill huh?" I walked back to halfcourt ignoring him.

"Just check it." I threw the ball at him, and he threw it back.

"You know I was thinking about who to take to our Homecoming dance. Got any ideas on who I can take?" Oh he's funny. Too bad he's the only one laughing.

"No, but remember you can't take your cousin!"
Now who's laughing? Beyonce Knowles! Not his lame ass!

"Oh you funny. So what you gonna wear kuz I can't go with someone who ain't looking fly." Oh so now he wants to take me?

"I ain't say I was going with you." I drove past him and to the basket for my next point.

"Well now I'm saying and my word is the one that matters." I made my way to half court and he threw me the ball again.