Death Takes a Holiday [6]

Pamela and Maxima sat between the beds with Dean's and Sam's bodies.

Something creaked in the room.

Max took out her gun and looked around. She stood up and went over to the door, bolting and chaining it. A window was open, the curtain blowing.

Maxima tapped Pamela's shoulder in warning, the psychic nodding in understanding. Max turned towards the curtain "I know you're here. What's the matter, you reeking son of a bitch? You afraid of a skirt?" she thrust her hand out pushing the demon back into the shower curtain. Maxima and the demon fought.

The Demon grabbed Max and threw her across the room, knocking over candles and the coffeemaker.

"Max?!" Pamela exclaimed

The Demon pulled out a knife and stabbed Pamela in the gut.

"Pamela!" Maxima screamed as the Demon pulled out the knife. She raised a hand and flung the Demon against the wall. Max stood and exorcised the Demon with her mind.

The Demon's host slumped to the floor.

Maxima turned to Pamela, crouching down to her level.

Pamela was laughing.

"What's so funny?" Max asked

"I can't die..." Pamela reminded her "not in this town," she took her hand away from the injury. There was no blood.

"Pamela..."

"Quit your worrying, grumpy. How about you make me a drink, huh?"

"You need a doctor,"

"Make me a drink, Max,"

Maxima swallowed.

***

Dean and Sam walked along the alley, looking around.

"You can't run," Alastair was standing in the alley "Dean,"

Dean stopped and stared.

Alastair advanced.

Dean and Sam retreated.

"Not from me." Alastair continued to taunt "I'm inside that angsty little noggin of yours," Blue-white lightning struck Alastair. He vanished.

"Max...thank God," Dean sighed in relief

"Guess again," Castiel voiced causing Dean and Sam to turn around to see the angel behind them.

"What just happened?" Sam asked

"You and Dean just saved a seal. We captured Alastair. This was a victory,"

"Well, no thanks to you," Dean scoffed

"What makes you say that?"

"You were here the whole time?"

"Enough of it," Castiel looked away

"Well, thanks for your help with the rock salt,"

"That script on the funeral home-we couldn't penetrate it,"

"That was angel-proofing...But then how come Max wasn't able to?"

Castiel looked at Dean. "That wasn't your friend Bobby who called. It wasn't Bobby who told you about the seal,"

"That was you?" Sam questioned

Castiel looked down.

Dean scoffed "If you want our help, why the hell didn't you just ask?"