No Rest for the Wicked Pt. 3

The mailman stood by the back of his truck, flipping through mail. The mailman looked up hearing a noise. Dean stood by a fence, looking over at him as if he had been caught. The mailman's eyes turned demon-black and he took off after Dean. Dean ran back the way he came from, closely followed by the demon-mailman. Dean rounded a corner of the house the fence belonged to and when the mailman came around the same corner a second later he ran right into Sam holding Ruby's knife and it went into his body. Sam struggled with him as he turned around and Dean came up behind the mailman and put a hand over his mouth so his death didn't alarm the rest of the demons. Sam pulled out the knife and the demon-mailman flashed with light a few times and then Dean dropped him to the ground.

***

Maxima held a rosary "Exorcizo te, creatura aquae. In nomine dei patris onmipotintes," she droppted the rosary into an opening of the water pipes and it was carried away by the stream.

***

Sam grabbed the knife that was located in Mr. Rogers' belly, who was lying dead on the ground. He pulled it out and stood up next to Dean, wiping it off. Dean grabbed Mr. Rogers' feet and dragged him out of view. He then came back and took off in another direction while Sam stood still, looking around.

***

Maxima ran through some trees and came up by a fence, where Ruby suddenly appeared and shoved her into a fence, holding her there.

"I'd like my knife back, please. Or your neck snaps like a chicken bone,"

Sam and Dean came up behind her, Sam holding up her knife to her throat "She doesn't have it." Sam told her "Take it easy,"

Ruby backed away from Maxima, releasing her from the fence. Sam stood still next to Dean who faced Ruby.

"How the hell did you get out?" Dean asked

"What you don't know about me could fill a book," Ruby replied

Dean suddenly reacted to her face, moving his head back just a bit with wider eyes. "Whoa,"

"What?"

Dean looked to the side, not wanting to look at her anymore. He glanced at her once or twice but that was it. "Nothing. I just-I couldn't see you before, but you're one ugly broad,"

Maxima scoffed as she crossed her arms, leaning against the fence "I could've told you that,"

Ruby rolled her eyes and turned to Sam "Sam, give me the knife before you hurt yourself,"

"You'll get it when this is over," Sam told her

"It's already over. I gave you a way to save Dean, you shot me down. Now it's too late. He's dead. And I'm not gonna let you die too,"

"Try and stop me, and I'll kill you. Bitch,"

"Hit me with your best shot, baby,"

Maxima stood between Sam and Ruby "Guys, Guys! Hey. Have your little catfight later,"

"So much for the element of surprise," Dean muttered, the trio turned and saw a father and son, standing outside on their porch looking at them. A man with a briefcase was standing, staring at them. All three of them had black eyes.

"Oh crap,"

"Go." Sam ordered "Go. Run. Run!"

They opened the gate and ran, aiming for Lilith's house. As they do a lot more people ran after them.

Sam reached the house first and started picking the lock on the door. Ruby, Dean and Maxima came up behind him, looking towards the lawn as more people were running after them.

"I thought you did it," Dean muttered to Maxima.

Maxima looked at her watch "The sprinklers are on an automatic timer, they should turn on right about..." Suddenly when one demon reached the lawn, the sprinklers turned on and she began to flail, screaming, as the water burned her. Maxima looked at Dean smirking "Now,". Another demon was caught in the water and he screamed and flailed as well. A lot of possessed people stood outside the lawn, a few people in the water. Sam was still working on the lock. Sam got the door opened as he and Ruby went inside. Dean laughed at the demons and then walked inside the house too, looking at Maxima.

"You're awesome,"

Maxima kissed his cheek "We can talk about how awesome I am when this is over,"

Sam and Ruby were standing over a body with shocked faces, Dean and Maxima were closing the door, not having seen it yet. When they turned around and saw it, their serious game face was on again.

"You think Lilith knows we're here?"

"Probably," Ruby said

They looked around a bit and then walked into the living room. Sam was going first, holding the knife out as if it were a gun. Ruby was behind him, closely followed by Dean and Maxima.

Maxima heard the creack of a door and quickly turned around, putting up one hand as she captured Mr. Fremont and put a hand over his mouth, turning them around to Sam, Dean, and Ruby. Maxima made 'shushing' sounds to make Mr. Fremont be quiet and calm down. "We're here to help. Ok? I'm gonna move my hand, and we're gonna talk nice and quiet, okay?"

Mr. Fremont nodded his head yes and Maxima slowly removed her hand.

"Sir, where is your daughter?" Sam asked

"It's not...it's not her anymore," Mr. Fremont said

"Where is she?" Dean asked

"Upstairs. In her bedroom,"

Maxima nodded "Okay, okay, okay. Listen to me. I want you to go downstairs to the basement. Put a line of salt at the door behind you. Do you understand me?"

"Not without my wife,"

"Yes, without your wife," Dean retorted

"No,"

Dean punched his lights out since they didn't have time to argue about all this. He picked him over his shoulder and gave the others a look. He then started walking, but before Maxima could follow Ruby and Sam, Dean grabbed her wrist so she would follow him.

"Dean, what the hell?!" Maxima hissed. But when Dean didn't reply she realized what he was doing "No! Dean! Let go!"

Dean placed Mr. Fremont on the ground of the basement. Maxima swung her hand, aiming to slap him, but he only caught her wrist, pushing her against the wall with a kiss. Maxima cried against it, as she knew it wasn't a feat of the moment kiss, it was a goodbye.

"Don't do this," she whispered as Dean broke away from her.

"I'm doing this for you. You can go back to the FBI, be with your family, not chasing after myths and legends or things that go bump in the night,"

"I work in the X-Files...chasing after myths and legends is in the job description. Which means we can find a way for you to live...screw the deal!"

Dean kissed her forehead and she felt him put something in her hands "Go live that apple pie life,"

Maxima stared after him as he headed up the stairs and she heard him pour salt against the door. Looking down at her hand she saw the item in which Dean had intrusted to her...the keys to the Impala.