In the Beginning Pt. 2

Dean and Maxima were following John Winchester. As they turned a corner, they bumped into Castiel. "What is this?"

"What does it look like?" Castiel asked

"Is it real?" Max asked

"Very,"

"Okay, so what? Angels got their hands on some DeLoreans? How did we get here?" Dean asked

"Time is fluid, Dean. It's not easy, but we can bend it on occasion,"

"Not according to the Doctor," Maxima muttered

"Well bend it back or tell me what the hell we're doing here!" Dean exclaimed

"I told you, you have to stop it," Castiel said

"Stop what? Huh? What, is there something nasty after my Dad?" Dean turned as a car horn sounded.

Castiel looked at Maxima "Remember..." he disappeared as Dean turned back.

"Oh, come on!" Dean noticed Max's look "He say something to you?"

"Nothing I understood," Maxima sighed as she looked back at the spot Castiel was originally.

***

John was talking to a Car Salesman

"A fine young man like yourself, just starting out? How about I take off another 250?" The Car Salesman said

John considered it for a moment "Let's do it,"

"I'll get the paperwork,"

John walked over to the front of a beige VW van and rubbed the headlights.

"That's not the one you want," Dean and Maxima were leaning on a '67 Chevy Impala

"You following me?" John asked

"No, no, we were just passing by. We never got to thank you for that cup of coffee this morning. We were a little out of it,"

"More than a little,"

"Let us repay the favor," Dean patted the hood of the Impala "This is the one you want,"

"Oh yeah, you-you know something about cars?"

Dean nodded his head and looked slightly nostalgic.

"The true question is what doesn't he know about cars. If you ask me he shows more affection for his car than he does for me," Max teased. "But I do have to agree with him on this one. This-this is a great car,"

Dean opened the hood of the Impala and leaned in. John joined him on the side of the car. "327 four barrel, 275 horses. A little TLC and this thing is cherry,"

"You know man, you're right," John said

Dean nodded over his shoulder at the van "Then what are you buying that thing for?"

"I kinda promised someone I would,"

"Over a '67 Chevy? I mean, come on, this is the car of a lifetime. Trust me, this thing's still gonna be badass when it's 40,"

John considered it for a moment and held out his hand to Dean. "John Winchester. Thanks,"

Dean shook his hand "Dean Van Halen-and thank you,"

John looked in the open windows of the Impala.

"We were in pretty rough shape this morning, huh?" Dean asked

"No kidding," John said

"I've been hungover before but, hey, I was, I was getting chills in that diner. You didn't feel any of those cold spots, did you?"

"Nope,"

"I swore I smelled something weird too, you know? Like...like rotten eggs. You didn't happen to smell any sulfur by chance?"

"No,"

"No...There been any cattle mutilations in town recently?"

"Okay, sweetie!" Maxima exclaimed as she put her arm around Dean's "I let him read those darn horror books on the ride..." Max began to lead Dean away "watch out for yourself okay?"

"Yeah, sure," John said

Dean patted the Impala again and they left.

"So?" The Car Salesman asked as he came back out

John pointed at the Impala "I'll take this one,"

***

John pulled up in the Impala. Further down the street Dean and Max pulled up. They watched as a young woman ran from a house to John's car. "Hey,"

"What's this?" The girl asked

"My car,"

The girl walked around the back of the car, and John followed her. "What happened to the van?"

"Mary, this is better than the van! This has got a 327, a four-barrel carburetor,"

Maxima looked over at Dean for his reaction.

"Mom?"

***

Mary and John were inside a diner with milkshakes. Dean watched them through a window as Maxima had decided to listen in from inside the diner.

"Sammy, wherever you are, Mom is a babe. I'm going to hell...again," Dean muttered

***

John and Mary were sitting across from one another talking over milkshakes as Max waited on an order of two burgers and a milkshake. "I should just talk to him,"

"My Dad's being my Dad, John. It's not you," Mary explained

"How is it not me? He's been like this for how many years?"

"He's just protective over me, that's all. He doesn't want me to-"

"Hook up with a mechanic from a family of mechanics?"

"No! Hey, I love you, for exactly what you are. I'll be right back," Mary left. Maxima watched as John pulled out a small red box. Inside was a ring.

***

Mary was standing behind Dean. "Why are you following us?"

Dean turned around. Mary kneed him in the stomach and threw him against a metal container next to the building. She went to punch him, and he dodged it, stepping sideways. "Are you crazy?"

Mary continued her attack. Dean backed up as she came after him, but Maxima came from behind Mary and grabbed her arms. "You've been trailing us since my house,"

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Really?"

Mary and Max grappled. Maxima grabbed her and held Mary against a wall.

"Okay, how about we talk about this, huh?" Dean asked

"Let me go!" Mary exclaimed

Dean saw Mary was wearing a bracelet with protective charms and held Maxima back as he looked at his mother. "Are you a hunter?"