Fire Pt. 3

I knocked on the door, Fox opened it and I walked in. "It's the driver,"

"I know. He disappeared," Fox replied

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing, um...I found this out in the garage," he handed me a can of argotypoline. "It's been very hard on the family,"

Phoebe and Sir and Lady Marsden ran down the stairs. "Did you get the composite?"

"Yes," I told her

"I don't believe it, I can't believe it. He's worked for us for over ten years," Lady Marsden proclaimed.

"Well, obviously there's been some type of mistake." Sir Marsden explained. I handed him the rendition of L'Ively. "Oh,"

"Oh my God!"

"This isn't the driver, it's the caretaker!"

"And he's upstairs with the children!"

Fox looked up the stairs. Sitting on a dresser was the bottle of Pembroke's cough syrup. I walked past the room.

"Michael?" I called out

Fox walked in. "Michael? Jimmie?" he looked at the cough syrup as I walked in. He opened the bathroom door and we saw a charred husk of the driver, kneeling over the toilet as if he was vomiting when he died. "It looks like we found the missing driver,"

Phoebe called from down the hall "Mulder! In here, quickly!"

We ran in and saw the other three looking at the drapes, which had caught fire.

"What's going on?" Lady Marsden asked

"They just went up all by themselves,"

Fox looked around for something when the painting hanging over the bed behind him erupted in flames.

"My God!" Sir Marsden exclaimed.

Fox took a sheet and tried in vain to put out the fires. The bed then started burning. Phoebe and Lady Marsden screamed a little.

"Oh my God..."

"Everybody out!" Fox ordered

"Let's go, get out..."

We ran out, Fox closing the door behind him. Malcom grabbed his wife's hand.

"I think he rigged the whole house," Fox infomred

"Oh God..." Lady Marsden ran into her husband's amrs. Fox smelled the he was carrying.

"It's fuel," Fox dropped it as it caught fire.

"What?"

"Oh my God..." Green muttered

"Go, Go..." Sir Marsden ordered

We started running down the hall.

"Quck, come on..." I told them.

We ran down the stairs, coughing.

"Max, see if you can find a fire extinguisher." Fox ordered "Everybody else, outside,"

I nodded and walked off to get one, until I heard Fox shout.

"Don't move!" I pointed my gun at the stairs as L'Ively started down the stairs only to see me standing at the bottom, pointing my gun at him.

"Freeze! Federal agent," I shouted

"You won't shoot me," he started walking towards me

"Stay right where you are,"

L'Ively jumped down a stair but I could see the sparkle in his eyes as he smirked at me "I've heard a lot about you, Maxima Mulder,"

I glared at L'Ively "What are you?"

He only smirked again, but I could have sworn I saw his eyes flash red. L'Ively slowly walked. I squeezed the trigger, but nothing happened. I looked up at L'Ively as fear consumed me. L'Ively smiled as I backed away slowly. His face suddenly turned serious. Green turned the corner from the other room and splashed the accelerant in his face. L'Ively staggered back.

"Back off the gun!" Green shouted "It's the accelerant!"

'No!"

"L'Ively staggered and spun out the door. L'Ively staggered out onto the lawn, trying to shake the feeling of the accelerant away. Fox ran out the door carrying Michael and Jimmie.

"Oh Michael!" Lady Marsden cried "Jimmie!"

"Michael! Jimmie! Thank God, thank God!" Sir Marsden cried

The boys ran into their parent' arms. L'Ively stopped and turned back to the house. He laughed insanely as he burst into flame.

"You can't kill me!" L'Ively shouted. "You can't fight fire with fire!"

I raised my gun "How did you know my name?"

"He screams your name..."

"Who?" I asked, lowering my gun.

"Dean Winchester," he fell to the ground, his body burning.

I lunged at the body only for Fox to stop me, all we could do was watch the body burn.