Folsom Prison Blues

"Shit!" I threw a pencil at Fox's poster

"Language..." he muttered as he sat back up and turned to look at his poster "What's up?"

"Agent Henriksen..." I growled "He went to Little Rock, Arizona,"

"So? You missing him or something?" he smirked

I glared at him "No...The Winchesters' got themselves arrested..." I looked back at the file "But it doesn't make any sense,"

"So they got caught? Now you can help me with actual work..." I got up "Where you going?"

"Little Rock,"

.............................................................................................................................

Henriksen was reading a file at his desk when I walked in "Henriksen,"

"Hey, Mulder,"

"Can I have a word?"

"Have a seat. What's on your mind?"

"Well for one thing, you didn't tell me the Winchesters' were arrested. 2. I've been going through the Winchester charges. And I gotta say, there are some weird inconsistencies,"

"This isn't your case,"

"You invited me in on this case when you first presented me with the Winchesters' file," I glowered "Now, I talked to a cop in Baltimore who swears up and down these boys saved her life and helped catch a killer. And there's a witness to the bank robbery in Milwaukee. She swears Sam and Dean saved her life,"

"Saved her from what?"

I cleared my throat "She was a little unclear on that,"

"That's because she's nuts. Look, we were in Milwaukee. We spoke to her, we spoke to all the witnesses. And, all I know is, wherever these guys go, people die. It's that simple,"

"I don't know that it is. They just don't seem cut-and-dry guilty to me. I think there's more to this,"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Can't put my finger on it. It's just...strange,"

"Strange. Yeah. Professional are trying to get some work done here, so...if you don't mind..."

"I worked just as hard...maybe even harder to become an Agent just like you. So why don't you zip up your pants," I spat as I exited the room.

.............................................................................................................................

I headed into the Green River County Detention Center, if there was one way to figure out what was going on it was to go to the source. But when I asked to see Dean Winchester, I was told he was in the middle of a meeting with his lawyer. I nodded my thanks and headed to the room.

"You want me to what?" the lawyer questioned

"Her name was Glockner. She worked here as a nurse in the '70s." Dean told her "Now, I need you to find out everything you can about her, but, most importantly how she died and where she's buried,"

"Are you nuts? Do you have any idea the kind of trouble you're in here?"

"I have a vague notion,"

"Good. So let's forget about some random nurse and talk about your case,"

"Mara-it's Mara, right?"

"Yeah,"

"I get that you're trying to help me, okay? I do, but believe me when I say that this is the best way that you can help,"

"Really? How? Explain that to me,"

"I wish I could, but I can't. I'm just gonna have to ask you to trust me on this,"

"Why should I? Henriksen says you're a monster," I scoffed silently at her statement

"I'm a monster? I'm-" Dean laughed "Well, he's wrong, okay? I'm not what they say I am,"

"Everybody says that,"

"Yeah. Look, if you're as smart a P.D. as I think you are, than you can tell with just one look whether or not your clients are guilty, okay, just like that. So I want you to look at me, really look, and you tell me-am I guilty? We're not the bad guys," I heard Mara get up left the room to wait for her.

Once she left into the hallway I walked towards her "You're the Winchesters' lawyer right? Mara Daniels?" she glanced at me and I held out my hand "Special agent Maxima Mulder,"

"Look...what I say with my client is..."

"Client confidentiality. I know, but I can help the case...or at least look into Nurse Glockner,"

"That conversation..."

"Skip the professionality...okay. I'm not like Agent Henrikson. I at least looked through their files and this..." I gestured to the prison "doesn't match up," I looked her in the eye "And I think you know that to or else you wouldn't have taken their case,"

...........................................................................................................................

I was sitting on Dolores Glockner's headstone as the boys walked over "We got to move it. If Henriksen gets to the lawyer..."

"I thought she couldn't say anything-you know, that whole lawyer-client privilege thing,"

"The privilege doesn't apply," I told them

"Who are you..."

"At the moment...let's just say I'm a friend,"

Dean seemed unsure "So she'll talk?"

"She has to."

"Oh, that's freaking super,"

I looked at finger nails "Unless someone gave her another cemetery," I took the shovel Dean was holding "So are we going to start digging?" the boys didn't move and I rolled my eyes. "The ghost will know you're here and it will become even more violent," I reminded them. Sam looked at Dean and shrugged. We began digging.

After a while Sam finally called out "Got her," once out of the grave Dean poured lighter fluid onto the corpse and Sam lit a match and we watched the corpse burn.

Once back at the Impala the boys put the equipment into the trunk "You though we were screwed before?"

"Yeah, I know. We got to go deep this time,"

"'Deep,' Dean? We should go to Yemen,"

I laughed "There won't be any need to go that deep," I told them "I have some guys who would gladly hack into the detention center and erase that you were ever placed in that establishment,"

"You don't even know us," Sam told me

"I know that the world is a whole lot safer with the two of you out there doing what you do," I told them as I turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" Dean questioned

"Missing me already Winchester?" I quirked "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll see each other around," I winked.

I took out my cell phone "Hello?"

I watched the taillights of the Impala disappear and smirked "Langley, I have a job for you,"