No Rest for the Wicked Pt. 2

Sam and Dean were in the Impala about to leave. Dean tried to start up the car but it wouldn't start. Both he and Sam looked a bit worried. Suddenly Maxima showed up outside Dean's door, scaring the boys with her sudden appearance.

"Where do you think you're going?" Max asked the duo.

Dean looked at her and the distributor cap she hedl in her hand. After a beat he and Sam got out of the Impala and walked up to Maxima who was not looking happy. But then neither was Dean. "We got the knife," Dean told her

"And you intend to use it without me." Sam came from around the car and stood in the middle next to Dean and Max, watching them. "Do I look like a ditchable prom-date to you?"

"No." Sam blurted out causing both Dean and Maxima to look over at him "Of course not,"

"This is about me...and Sam." Dean told her "Ok? This isn't your fight, you can go back to the FBI and live an apple pie life,"

Max walked up to Dean, furious by those words and slapped him across the face. "For shit's sake Winchester...I've spent my entire life looking into the paranormal while my brother looked to the stars for his answers. You show me a world filled with ghosts and demons, and you expect me to go back behind a desk! The Bureau doesn't give a damn if I come back! They stuck me and Mulder in a janitor's closet!"

"M..."

"You're playing wounded. Tell me, how many hallucinations have you had so far?"

Sam looked at her, a bit confused by this. He looked over at Dean who turned to look at him, tilted his head one time and then turned back to Maxima.

"How'd you know?" Dean asked

"Becuase that's what happens when you've got hellhounds on your butt. And because I'm smart," Max told him. Dean looked down on the ground, as Sam watched him. Maxima tossed Dean the distributor cap and got in the back seat of the Impala.

***

The boys were driving down the road, on their way to Indiana. Sam looked back at Max who had fallen asleep. "Hey, Dean?"

"Yeah?" Dean asked

"You know if this doesn't uh...this doesn't go the way we want, I want you to know-"

"No. No, no, no, no,"

"No what?"

Dean looked over at Sam "No, you're not gonna bust out the misty good-bye speech, okay? And if this is my last day on earth, I do not want it to be socially awkward," Sam looked down and out the window and Dean turned back to the road. "You know what I do want?"

"If you say some form of kinky shit. I'll save us all the trouble and kill you myself," Maxima said as she sat up in the seat. Dean chuckled as he reached down to the radio and started up Bon Jovi's 'Wanted Dead or Alive'. Max quirked an eyebrow "Bon Jovi?"

"Bon Jovi rocks..." Maxima looked at him "on occasion," Dean looked over at Sam to underline this statement. When Sam looked away Dean turned back to the road and began to sing along with Bon Jovi. "And I walk these streets. A loaded six-string on my back. I play for keeps." Dean turned to Sam, nudging him "Come on. 'Cause I might not make it back I've been everywhere,"

"Oh yeah," Sam gave in as he sange

"And I'm standing tall,"

Max laughed and sang along with them "I've seen a million faces. And I rocked 'em all. 'Cause I'm a cowboy. On a steel horse I ride. I'm wanted." Sam looked back at Maxima who was really getting into it. "WANTED!"

"Dead or alive,"

"Dead or Alive,"

Dean began to lose the will to sing and smile was beginning to fade. Sam and Maxima just continued singing, laughing and smiling, not noticing how Dean was suddenly taking in the lyrics, realizing how much they actually fit him and what was about to come.