When the Levee Breaks [Final]

"Sam, you need to calm down," Maxima reasoned from where she was tied up. "I'm ok. What you did was a mistake; Dean will understand that,"

Sam flinched when a knock sounded at the door; he turned towards Maxima and placed a gag on her. "Keep quiet," he looked through the peephole, and his shoulders relaxed as he opened the door.

Ruby smiled as he walked further into the hotel room. "Honeymoon Suite. Really, I'm flattered." she glanced over to where Maxima was. "But three's a bit of a crowd, don't you think?"

"Did you bust me e out of that room?" Sam demanded.

"How could I, Sam? The whole thing's engineered to bite me in the ass,"

"Then how did I get out of there?"

"I don't know. I don't want to know. What I want to know is what is she doing here?" Ruby glared over at Maxima.

"She would have told Dean. I freaked..."

Maxima quirked an eyebrow as Ruby walked around her as if surveying her.

"Where the hell have you been?" Sam asked.

"I got here as quick as I could," Ruby reasoned.

"I mean the past three weeks! I've been calling you!"

"I've been pretty deep in it, trying to dig out Lilith. Sometimes I can't sit around and check my voicemail." Ruby sighed as he brushed a hand through Maxima's hair. "I'm sorry you're hurting," she told Sam. "Really. I had no idea that Dean would do that to you,"

Sam glanced over at Maxima. "You and me both,"

"You didn't book this joint just to impress me, did you? Or is it to impress her?" Ruby looked down at Maxima.

"Dean's gonna come after; he's gonna come after her." Sam admitted, "And he knows my habits, my aliases, everything. He knows exactly which Motel I'd pick,"

"Hence the room," Ruby nodded.

"Whatever it takes to shake him,"

"Well, it won't be easy. I mean...he knows you better than anyone,"

"Not as well as he thinks,"

***

"So, our demon gourmet nurse," Sam said as he walked out of the bathroom "You sure?"

Ruby nodded. "She'll be there. Graveyard shift. Tomorrow night. In the meantime, if you're gonna be strong enough to kill Lilith, you're gonna need more than I can give you now," she noticed his glance over to Maxima. "Sam." she moved his chin so he was looking at her. "Come on... It's okay,"

"I know," Sam sighed, "I need more. I-I get it. I know it's okay. I just..." he glanced over at Maxima. "I wish she'd trusted me, you know?"

"I'm sorry,"

"I just hope...you know, when all this is over...I hope we can fix things,"