Lazarus Rising Pt. 4

When Maxima and Dean realized Sam had taken the Impala, Max called the one person they could count on...

Bobby drove his car as Dean, in the passenger's seat, wiped blood from his face, and Maxima looked out the window, lost in a trance. "How you doin', kids?"

"Aside from the church bells ringing in my head, peachy," Dean glanced over at Max "What about you?"

"It's like I heard the ringing but..." Maxima shook her head "I don't know I feel like there was something more..."

Dean pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number.

"Hey," Sam said on the phone

"What are you doing?" Dean asked

"Couldn't sleep, went to get a burger,"

"In my car?"

"Force of habit, sorry. What are you doing up?"

"Well, uh, Max and I are heading to the bar, grab a beer..." on Maxima and Bobby's shocked looks, Dean held up a finger.

"All right, well, uh, spill some for me, huh?"

"Done. Catch you later," Dean hung up.

"Why the hell didn't you tell him Bobby was here?" Max asked

"Because he just tried to stop us,"

"From what?" Bobby asked

"Summoning this thing." Bobby looked at him in shock. Again. "It's time we faced it head-on,"

"You can't be serious!"

"As a heart attack. It's high noon, baby,"

"Well, we don't know what it is. It could be a demon, it could be anything," Maxima noted

"That's why we've got to be ready for anything." Dean pulled out Ruby's demon-killing knife "We've got the big-time magic knife, Bobby's got an arsenal in the trunk..."

"This is a bad idea," Bobby muttered

"Yeah, I couldn't agree more, but what other choice do we have?"

"We could choose life," Max argued

"Max, whatever this is, whatever it wants, it's after me. That much we know, right? I can either get caught with my pants down again, or we can make our stand,"

"Dean, we could use Sam on this,"

"Nah, he's better off where he is,"

***

I drew a symbol with white spray paint on the cement floor. As I stood, I noted that the entire floor, walls, and ceiling of the empty rectangular warehouse were covered in similar images.

Dean was at a table, setting up equipment. "That's a hell of an art project you've got going there,"

"Traps and talismans from every faith on the globe. How you doin'?" I asked

"Stakes, iron, silver, salt, knife. I mean, we're pretty much set to catch and kill anything I've ever heard of,"

"This is still a bad idea," Bobby said.

"Yeah, Bobby, we heard you the first ten times. What do you say we ring the dinner bell?"

Bobby nodded reluctantly. He went over to another desk, took a pinch of some powder from a bowl, and sprinkled it into a larger bowl, which began to smoke. He chanted in Latin.

***

I sat on a table, swinging my legs and looking bored.

"You sure you did the ritual right?" Dean whined. Bobby gave him a look "Sorry. Touch, touchy, huh?"

As if on cue, a loud rattling shook the roof. Dean, Bobby, and I armed ourselves with shotguns and took positions at the far end of the warehouse.

"Wishful thinking, but maybe it's just the wind,"

"Or a UFO..."Dean and Bobby both gave me quizzical looks at my statement.

The door burst open a man in a business suit and trenchcoat stalked in.

The lightbulbs above his head shattered in a shower of sparks as he passed them. As he approached, Dean and Bobby both opened fire, but I found my finger frozen from pulling the trigger, regardless, the shots did not even slow him down. Dean took the magic knife as the man got close.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition," the man replied

"Yeah. Thanks for that," Dean reared back and plunged the magic knife into the man's chest. The man looked down, unconcerned, and pulled it out, dropped it to the floor. Behind him, bobby attacked; without looking the man grabbed Bobby's weapon and used it to swing him around. Castiel touched Bobby on the forehead with fingertips and Bobby crumpled to the ground.

The man's icy blue eyes met mine, and I was met with a sense of remembrance "Hello again, Maxima," he said.

I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head as I fell to the ground...before blacking out I heard the man speak to Dean.

"We need to talk, Dean. Alone,"