Heaven and Hell Pt. 3

Maxima took out papers from Bobby's fax machine and showed them to the group, spreading them out across the table. She pointed to an article "Here. In March '85, a meteorite vanished in the night sky over Northwestern Ohio. It was sighted nine months before Anna was born, and she was born in that part of Ohio. Look, I think it was Anna and here, same time...another meteor over Union, Kentucky,"

"Yeah?" Sam asked

"Yeah. In '85, there was an empty field outside of town. Six months later, there was a full-grown oak. They say it looks a century old at least,"

"Ann, what do you think?" Dean questioned

"The grace. Where it hit, it could have done something like that, easy," Anna replied

"So grace ground zero...it's not destruction. It's..." Max said

"Pure creation,"

***

Dean was driving the Impala.

Sam was beside him.

Maxima sat between Anna and Ruby in the backseat.

Dean looked in the rear-view mirror and laughed.

"What?" Max asked

"Nothing. It's just an angel, human, and a demon riding in the backseat. It's like the setup to a bad joke...or a Penthouse Forum letter,"

"Dude...Reality...Porn," Sam chastised

"You call this reality?"

***

"It's beautiful," Maxima said as she exited the Impala and walked up to the oak.

"It's where the grace touched down." Anna confirmed "I can feel it,"

"You ready to do this?" Dean asked

"Not really,"

"Anna, what are we even looking for?" Sam questioned

Anna put a hand on the tree trunk "It doesn't matter. It's not here. Not anymore,"

Max placed her hand next to Anna's and felt the emptiness within the tree "Someone took it,"

***

"We still got the hex bags." Dean pointed out to the group as they hung out in an abandoned barn "I say we head back to the panic room,"

"What, forever?" Maxima demanded

"I'm just thinking out loud!"

"Ph, you call that thinking?" Ruby spat

"Hey!" Sam exclaimed "Hey, hey, hey. Stop it,"

"Anna's grace is gone. You understan? She can't angel up. She can't protect us. We can't fight Heaven and Hell. One side maybe, but not both. Not at once,"

"Um...guys?" Anna called out to gain the group's attention "The angels are talking again,"

Maxima shook her head as she heard a humming.

"What are they saying?" Sam asked

"It's weird...Like a recording...a loop. It says, 'Dean Winchester gives us Anna by midnight, or...'"

"Or what?"

"'...or they hurl you back to damnation," Maxima growled

"Anna...Do you know of any weapon that works on an angel?" Sam asked

"To what? To kill them?" Anna questioned

Sam nodded

"Nothing we could get to...Not right now,"