In the Beginning Pt. 6

John and Mary sat in the Impala, which was parked next to a river. "I guess it's no secret why I brought you way out here,"

"John-" Mary started

"I just-just let me get through this, okay?"

"Okay, wait. There's things you don't know about me, John,"

"So?" John opened the ring box and showed it to her "I will always love you for exactly who you are,"

There was a bang at the window.

"What did I tell you?" The Yellow-Eyed Demon asked

"Dad!" Mary exclaimed

"Sir, just listen!" John started

The Yellow-Eyed Demon pulled Mary out of the car. John got out the other side.

"Ow! Dad! You're hurting me!" Mary exclaimed

John ran over and tried to pull the Yellow-Eyed Demon off Mary. "Hey, take it easy!"

The Yellow-Eyed Demon grabbed John's head and wrenched it sideways, breaking his neck and killing him instantly.

"No!" Mary screamed

John fell to the ground. Mary dropped to her knees to cradle him. The Yellow-Eyed Demon kicked John's legs.

"You killed him," Mary cried

"Oh, not just John, sweetie-pie. Mommy and Daddy too," The Yellow-Eyed Demon unzipped his jacket to show Mary the knife wound in Samuel's stomach.

"No..."

"Yup, afraid so. You're little orphan Mary now,"

"You son of a bitch!"

"Oh, sticks and stones may break my bones, and they won't bring your family back either,"

"I'll kill you, I swear to God," Mary told you

"Oh, let's not get nasty," The Yellow-Eyed Demon sat down next to Mary "Now look, we both said things that we regret. Let's, um...kiss and make up,"

Mary was crying as she held John.

"I'll tell you what, I'll arrange to have lover boy here brought back breathing," The Yellow-Eyed Demon said

"My parents too?" Mary asked

"Nope, sorry doll, that's not on the table. But, think about it, you could be done with hunting forever. The white picket fence, station wagon, couple of kids, no more monsters or fear. I'll make sure of it,"

"What? And all it costs is my soul?"

"Oh, no, you can keep your soul, I just need permission,"

"For what?"

"Mmm, in ten years I need to swing by your house for a little something, that's all,"

"For what?!"

"Relax. As long as I'm not interrupted, nobody gets hurt, I promise. Or you can spend the rest of your life, desperate and alone. Mary? It's a good deal. So what do you say?"

Dean drove up and saw the Yellow-Eyed Demon kissing Mary. He got out of the car. "No!" Dean rushed forward with the Colt drawn. Before he could shoot, black smoke flowed from the Yellow-Eyed Demon's mouth. John came back to life.

"Mary?" John asked

"John," Mary said

Castiel appeared beside Dean and placed a hand on his shoulder. When Mary looked up from John, Dean was gone. Samule lied dead on the ground.

***

Dean was asleep in bed. Maxima gasped and woke up. Castiel was standing near the foot of the bed. Max met his gaze. Castiel's eyes speaking the unspoken question.

"I remember," Maxima breathed as she looked towards Dean and back to Castiel "I remember, everything,"