No Rest for the Wicked

I walked in with two cups of coffee. Dean looked up at me smirking as I was wearing one of his plaid shirts, that was way too big on me. I placed the coffee in front of him "Dig up anything good?" Dean closed the book and brought me into his lap, shaking his head in the crook of my neck.

"No." he mumbled "Nothing good,"

"Well, Bobby and Sam have," I told him as I stood back up

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. A way to find Lilith,"

"Oh. With just uh-" he looked at his watch "thirty hours to go." he looked up at me smiling "Hey, why don't we just get out of here, yeah? You know...some motel room, cervezas..." he walked up to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"So if we do save you...we'll do that to celebrate,"

"Yeah..."

I turned around so I was facing him "Hey, Dean." I sighed "Look, we're cutting it close, I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes, Dean. You're not gonna go to hell. I'm not gonna let you. I swear. Everything's gonna be okay," I placed my hand on his cheek.

"Yeah, okay,"

***

Bobby placed an old tracking device over a map of the United States. The device had three wooden legs coming out from a glass or crystal ball at the top. The boll had a flat, metal piece going around it with symbols on it. Further down the legs there was another metal piece, only bigger. From the ball hung a pendulum device that was sharp on the end so that it could pinpoint a specific place. "So you need a name, that's the whole kit and caboodle." Bobby explained "With the right name, right ritual, ain't nothing you can't suss out,"

"Like the town Lilith's in?" Sam asked

"Kid, when I get done, we'll know the street." He began the ritual, started the swing for the pendulum and then chanted in Latin. As we all watched, the pendulum began to search over the map until it suddenly stopped "New Harmony, Indiana." Dean looked up at him from the map "And we have a winner,"

"Alright." Sam pushed the pendulum away and looked at Bobby "Let's go,"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on. Let's all shut up there, Tex," Dean said

"What's the problem?" I asked

"What's the problem? Come on, where do I begin? I mean, first of all, we don't even know if Lilith holds my deal. We're going off of Bela's intel? Now when that bitch breathes, the air comes out crooked. Okay. Second, even if we could get to Lilith, we have no way to gank her. And third, isn't this the same Lilith that wants your giant head on a pike?" I looked over at Sam "Should I continue?"

"Ain't you just bringing down the room," Bobby muttered

"Yeah, well, it's a gift,"

"I'm sorry, so then what are we supposed to do, Dean?" Sam argued

"Just 'cause I gotta die doesn't mean you have to, okay. Either we go in smart or we don't go in at all,"

"Okay, fine. If that's the case I have an answer,"

"You do?"

"Yeah. A sure-fire way to confirm it's Lilith and a way to get us a bona fide demon-killing ginsu,"

"Hell no, Sam..." I shouted "Hell. No,"

"We're so past arguing. I am summoning Ruby,"

"The hell you are!" Dean shouted "We have enough problems as it is,"

"Exactly." Sam walked up to him "And we've got no time and no choice either,"

"Come on man, she is the Miss Universe of lying skanks, okay. She told you that she could save me, huh-lie. She seems to know everything about Lilith but forgot to mention, or right-Lilith owns my soul!"