Fire Pt. 4

Fox sat at his desk, wearing glasses, thinking.

"Care to take me to lunch?" I asked with an English accent. Fox looked back to see me at the door, smiling "Scare you?"

"You have no idea," Fox said

"Where is Phoebe?" I asked as I sat down on his desk

"I don't know,"

"You don't know? She didn't call?"

"No. She did messenger this to me last night though," he held up a tape.

"Did you play it?"

"No," he looked at it.

"Why not? Aren't you curious what's on it?"

"Ten-to-one, you can't dance to it," he got up

***

A nurse walked into an enclosed room.

X-File number 11214893. Addendum to the file opened by Special Agent Fox Mulder. The arson suspect Cecil L'Ively was admitted to Boston Mercy Hospital with fifth and sixth-degree burns over his entire body. Military burn specialists have been brought in to study the case which they're calling 'extraordinary'. Not only for the fact that the suspect survived but for the rapid regeneration of his basal cell tissue. Full recovery is anticipated in as little as month.

A man unlocked a door for the nurse.

L'Ively is being held in a high-security medical facility...

"There you go," The guard told her.

"Thank you," The nurse walked in.

...confined to a hyperbaric chamber until he can be tried on murder charges in the death of a Massachusetts caretaker. His body temperature remains at a steady 109 degrees.

The nurse bent down and adjusted a control on the hyperbaric chamber.

House technicians have removed everything flammable from his room due to several fires which have broken out in the vicinity. According to Agent Fox Mulder, further incarceration remains a problem for federal penal authorities

The nurse walked around the chamber and looked into the glass casing in the front. L'Ively was laying there, his head visible. His face was charred almost completely black. He had no hair. The nurse's eyes flashed black "Can I get you anything, sir?"

L'Ively's eyes popped open. He looked around, then turned and looked at her "I'm just dying for a cigarette," he licked his lips a little, staring at the nurse.