Metamorphosis

A man, possessed by a demon, sat tied to a chair in the center of a Devil's Trap. Sam was in front of him, interrogating; Ruby stood nearby.

"Where's Lilith" Sam questioned

"Kiss my ass," The demon's eyes went black. Sam smiled at the comment.

"I'd watch myself if I were you,"

"Why? Huh? Because you're Sam Winchester, Mr. Big Hero? And yet here you are, slutting around with some demon. Real hero,"

"Shut your mouth,"

"Tell me about those months without your brother. About all the things you and this demon bitch do in the dark,"

Ruby looked over at Sam.

"Huh? Tell me, hero," The demon taunted.

Sam couldn't control his anger and began to force the demon out of the man. The demon smoke burned through the floor, and Sam breathed, trying to get himself under control. Ruby looked down on the floor where the demon burned through and a little smile played on her lips. She looked over at Sam, and they exchanged a look and Sam gave a little smile as well. Dean was watching through a window behind Sam, witnessing everything Sam just did.

The man was unconscious and Sam touched his neck to check if he had a pulse, which he did. Sam smiled up at Ruby.

"How'd it feel?" Ruby asked

"Good. No more headaches," Sam began to untie the man.

"None? That's good,"

The man began to wake up.

"Hey, hey. I got you. It's all right," Sam helped the man out of his chair and began walking him towards the door when Dean opened it. Sam stopped in his tracks. Dean looked very angry.

"So...Anything you wanna tell me, Sam?" Dean questioned

Sam looked innocent and Ruby stood behind him, just watching Dean. Dean walked towards him as he talked.

"Dean, hold on, okay? Just let me-" Sam began

"You gonna say, 'let me explain'? You're gonna explain this? How about this? Why don't you start with who she is, and what the hell is she doing here?" Dean looked at Sam hard, Sam turned back and looked at Ruby who looked completely calm, and even smiled as she responded to Dean.

"It's good to see you again, Dean," Ruby greeted

"Ruby?"

Ruby smiled a little, and Dean looked at Sam.

"Is that Ruby?" Dean questioned

Sam didn't respond and Dean looked over at Ruby again, who's smile was fading. After a moment, Dean grabbed hold of her and shoved Ruby up against the wall. He pulled out her knife and as Dean was about to strike, Sam grabbed his hand. "Don't!" Sam and Dean struggled for the knife. Sam got it out of Dean's hand into his own, just as Dean threw him up against the wall. Ruby grabbed Dean and pinned him up against the wall. "Ruby! Stop it!"

Ruby just stared into Dean's eyes and she kept a chokehold with her right hand, and Dean stared right back, angry.

Maxima burst in the room, throwing Ruby across the room.

"Oh, glad to see you've remembered your roots," Ruby taunted.

Maxima didn't respond but it was clear, she wanted to attack Ruby.

"Max," Sam said in a warning tone, but at the same time, it was laced with shock. "Ruby, he's hurt," Sam indicated the man who was possessed earlier. "Go,"