Injury

"firstly, I am glad no one was seriously hurt" sister julienne frowned looking at me and chummy. Sister Bernadette's hand was wrapped in a bandage, she had sprained it when she fell off her bike and luckily it wasn't broken.
"And secondly, I expect more from you both especially you sister Bernadette" she frowned again. Sister Bernadette lowered her head staring at her now moving hands which lay in her lap.
"Sorry sister" she mumbled quietly.
"How did you convince the police man not to charge you?" Trixie asked.
"It was all thanks to sister Bernadette, she is quite the sweet talker" chummy smiled at me.
"I beg your pardon" sister Evangelina said almost choking on her tea.
"I-I...what chummy means is that I apologized to the police man and I said that we would be greateful if he could accept our apology and that it would save our patients from suffering any further than they already will from my injury" she admitted hanging her head even lower.
"Well it seems that sister Bernadette is quite the sweet talker" Trixie giggled making her blush a deep scarlet.
The next morning
The nurses and sister Bernadette sat down at the table in the kitchen.
"Tally ho" Sister Monica Joan called.
"Catch that pig" Fred yelled as the pig trotted into the kitchen followed by Fred and sister Monica Joan.
"Why is there a pig inside of the house?" Sister Evangelina yelled.
"Bacon, it's the future" Fred said before pulling the pig back outside.
A little while later
Sister Bernadette carried the tray of tea and biscuits out into the garden.
"Fred, tea is served" she called as he appeared from behind the pig pen.
"Thank you sister, but shouldn't you be resting your wrist?" He asked taking a cup and biscuit from the tray.
"Dr Turner told me I should but it feels fine now" she said dipping her biscuit into her tea.
"You never could stop working since you joined Nonnatus could you sister?" Fred said taking another sip of tea.
"No I'm afraid not" she smiled at him taking a sip of her tea.
"Would you mind taking a look at her sister only she is getting quite fat and sister julienne told me you grew up on a farm" Fred said.
"Of course I'll take a look" she replied climbing over the makeshift pen "well don't be getting too attached remember she is the bacon and by the looks of it you got a lot more bacon than you bargained for she's pregnant" she smiled at him.
"Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, pigs see us as equals" sister Monica Joan said appearing next to Fred.
"Really?" Fred asked.
"Certainly" she said before walking back slowly inside.
"Sister Monica Joan and her infinite wisdom" Fred said making them both chuckle.