Going Home

Shelagh rubbed her eyes sleepily, and felt Patrick's hand on his waist tighten around her, pulling her closer against him.
"Good morning Patrick" Shelagh smiled rubbing her eyes again.
"No" he murmured pressing his lips into her shoulder.
"We must Patrick they will evict us at one" Shelagh smiled trying to push him away.
"I never want to move, so we'll have to stay here forever then" Patrick said finally, placing soft small kisses to her neck.
"Patrick you know we can't" Shelagh giggled.
"Yes we can and I will. I intend to make love to my gorgeous wife until that time comes" Patrick smiled kissing her.
"We have to get ready and I want to see Timothy as soon as possible" Shelagh giggled as Patrick tickled her sides.
"Well I guess that we must get up then" he frowned and sighed as Shelagh put on her glasses and moved to the vanity.

Patrick and Shelagh pulled up outside Granny Parker's house, and just as they got out of the car Timothy was already hurltling towards them.
"Mum, dad" Timothy yelled as he ran into Shelagh's arms hugging her waist tightly.
"He's missed you both a lot" Granny Smiled.
"Thank you for watching him Malory" Patrick smiled at his mother in law, taking Tim's case from her hands.
"He wasn't any bother, only when he moaned about missing Shelagh" Malory smiled.
"I've missed you too Tim" Shelagh smiled placing a kiss to the top of his head.
"I missed you more mum" he smiled holding her tighter.
"What about me?" Patrick faked frowned.
"Of course I missed you dad but I haven't been away from mum this long since she went to Sana... Sana"
"Sanatorium son" Patrick smiled as he put Tim's case in the boot of the car, closing it with a slam.
"Say goodbye Tim" Shelagh smiled as Tim hugged granny Parker tightly by her waist.
"Goodbye Malory" Patrick smiled giving her a hug, then moving to the car to hold the door open for Shelagh.
"Goodbye Mrs Parker" Shelagh smiled giving her a hug.
"Goodbye Shelagh, please call me Malory and look after my boys for me" she smiled shooting her a wink.
"Of course Malory" Shelagh smiled getting into the car, letting Patrick close the door behind her.
"We just have one stop to make" Patrick smiled pulling away from granny Parker's.

"When are they going to get here? There late. Are we sure that they're alright?" Sister Evangelina pestered sister julienne.
"Yes, they will be here soon" sister julienne smiled.
"Sorry, I've just missed her" sister Evangelina frowned.
"We all have" sister julienne smiled patting her arm reassuringly "here they are" she smiled. The nuns and nurses stood on the front steps of Nonnatus waiting for the turner's to get out of the car and greet them. Shelagh, Patrick and Tim climbed out of the car and the nuns and nurses erupted in cheers.
"To the newlyweds" they cheered. As Shelagh smiled at Patrick and them, she could tell something was going on the minute Patrick mentioned a stop on the way home.
"Thank you all so much" Shelagh smiled hugging Cynthia then Trixie.
"Any ungentlemanly conduct?" She asked with a smirk, making Shelagh blush.
"Ignore her old bean" Chummy smiled and rolled her eyes, she could tell what Trixie asked her by the smirk on her face and the blush on Shelagh's.
"I've missed you" sister Evangelina whispered into her ear.
"We hope you two enjoyed your time off" Jenny smiled hugging her.
"My dear girl, we've all missed you" sister julienne smiled not bothering to whisper.
"I'm glad to be home" Shelagh smiled.

They had spent a few hours with the nuns and nurses before coming home, Shelagh cooked dinner whilst Patrick unpacked her clothes for her and now Patrick sat on the sofa smoking a cigarette whilst Shelagh finished washing the dishes and Tim was fast asleep upstairs after Shelagh tucked him in.
Shelagh slipped her heels off, snuggled into Patrick's side and tucked her legs underneath her.
"Today was lovely" Shelagh smiled "thank you" she smiled giving him a small kiss.
"Your very welcome my darling" Patrick smiled as Shelagh took his cigarette and had a puff passing it back to him.
"It seems that you've settled in quite nicely, and you look very beautiful tired and stealing my cigarette" Patrick joked.
"Sorry, I should've asked" Shelagh blushed.
"No, I like it when you don't, and now I intend to make true on a promise I made this morning" Patrick smirked stubbing out his cigarette into his ashtray.
"Oh? And what's that?" Shelagh asked.
"To make love to my beautiful wife and show her how much I love her" Patrick smiled kissing her passionately.
"But what about Timothy?" Shelagh asked playing with his tie.
"We'll have to be very quite" he smirked kissing her again.