The mother house

Sister Julienne and I walked up the long path to the mother house. It felt strange walking up to the same house where I first became a postulant in normal clothing as if I never joined Nonnatus or became a nun. I froze at the end of the path.
"Are you ok Shelagh?" Sister Julienne asked.
"I'm scared sister, how will I come back to Poplar after this?" I asked.
"We are willing you on because we need you and we believe in you Shelagh and I'm going to be with you every step of the way" sister julienne smiled standing next to me.
She smiled at me and took my hand in hers.
"We are going to do this together" she smiled, pulling me along by my hand towards the front door. She held my hand all the way to front door, not letting go until we reached the door.
"Sister Julienne, mother Jesu is expecting you" Sister Mary greeted us and lead us to her office.
We sat and waited outside of her office for her to call us in. I began to fiddle with my hands in my lap, my nervousness grew with each second we were waiting. Sister Julienne sensed my nervousness and she placed her hand on my moving ones.
"Sister Julienne, Shelagh please come in" Mother Jesu said appearing in her now open office doorway.
I looked at sister julienne before standing, picking up my suitcase and entering her office.
"Tell me Shelagh why do you want to leave the order after 15 years of service?" She asked.
I felt unable to answer with sister julienne in the room, looking at her out of the corner of my eye. I've already betrayed her enough, I couldn't betray her more with the words I was going to say to mother Jesu.
"Sister Julienne why don't you get yourself a cup of tea and catch up with your sisters?" Mother Jesu suggested sending her out.
"I will be near if you need me" sister julienne smiled placing a reassuring hand on my arm.
"Yes sister and thank you" I smiled at her before she left the office.
"Now please tell me, why do you want to leave?" She asked again.
"God is leading me somewhere, down a new path perhaps. I believe he lead me to Poplar but not to be a nun, to be a midwife and a mother and a wife...