mother-child

Shelagh smiled as she listened to Tim's enthusiastic stories.
"Why don't you go and play Tim, your mom needs to rest" Patrick suggested.
"But I want to talk more" Tim moaned at his father from his spot on the bed next to Shelagh.
"Your mother needs to rest Tim and you've told her everything" Patrick smiled.
"Your father's right Tim, I'll be alright I promise" Shelagh smiled at the little boy in her arms.
"Ok mum, I love you" Tim smiled up at her.
"I love you too" Shelagh smiled, placing a kiss to Tim's forehead. Tim as carefully as he could, climbed out of the bed. Shelagh winced as the bed dipped slightly. Patrick waited for Timothy to leave before he began talking.
"How are you?" Patrick asked, taking Shelagh's hand in his.
"It hurts a bit, but I'm fine" Shelagh smiled at him.
"How is she?" Patrick asked sister julienne.
"She's fine but she'll be in pain for a while" sister julienne smiled.
"Can I..." Shelagh didn't know how to say it without crying "can I see it?" Shelagh asked looking at sister julienne.
"It's not protocall" sister julienne said.
"I know, please sister" Shelagh begged, the tears welling in her eyes.

Sister julienne left the room and came back a moment later with a bowl covered with a cloth. Sister julienne lifted the cloth letting Shelagh peer inside, a moment later she covered it again.
"It's no older than 4 weeks" Shelagh frowned, a tear rolling down her cheek.
"We can try again. This is just a set back" Patrick frowned but said optimistically.
"I am already burdening you with so much Patrick" Shelagh frowned lowering her head. Patrick placed his hand under her chin and lifted Shelagh's face so that there eyes met.
"You are not a burden Shelagh" Patrick said kissing her "I don't deserve you" Patrick said kissing her hands again.
"When will I be able to go home?" Shelagh asked sister julienne.
"A few days I'm afraid, we need to monitor you" sister julienne smiled.
"Tim's not going to be happy" Patrick joked.
"I thought she was supposed to be resting?" Sister Evangelina grumbled as she entered the room with a tray of tea and toast for Shelagh.
"I am resting sister" Shelagh threw back.
"I'm in charge of you for the next few days and I decide what counts as resting" sister Evangelina grumbled as he layed the tray on Shelagh's lap.
"That's me told" Patrick smiled.
"Come on, out with you she needs to rest" sister Evangelina ordered placing her hands on her hips.
"Better do as sister says" Shelagh smiled. Patrick stood up with a smile and gave Shelagh a kiss before leaving.
"Now eat that and sleep" sister Evangelina ordered before leaving.
"You better listen or she'll force it down you" sister julienne joked.
"Somehow I believe you" Shelagh smiled.