All because of Tim

They all stood watching the cubs perform their robin hood play and sister Bernadette couldn't help but cast a glance over to Dr Turner. His smile was mesmerising creating lines at the corners of his eyes, his hair flopped just right over his forehead showing his grey hairs. Then he was taken away by nurse Lee and Timothy's face fell completely at the sight of his dad leaving.

They stood at the starting line ready to go. Sister Bernadette wrapped her arm around Timothy's shoulders and he wrapped his arm around her waist. He was so excited to win the race.
Trixie and Jack were first, then Cynthia and Jane then sister Bernadette and Tim but they managed to pick up the pace and to just get over the finish line first. Everyone cheered as they ran but one voice stood out amongst the crowd. "Come on sister! Come on Timothy!" He called out louder than the rest.
They landed over the finish line with a bump.
"We won!" She smiled at Timothy who trying to get away and rub it in Jack's face.
"Timothy you can't go anywhere now hold still!" He ordered his son. He moved forward to untie them but he stopped himself and sister Bernadette undid the bit of cloth that held her to Tim. He picked up her glasses and handed them to her, and she slipped them back into place on her nose.
"Thank you doctor" she smiled as she rose unsteadily from the ground.
"You've hurt your hand" he commented on the graze that had now appeared on the right side of the palm of her hand.
"Well I'm sure there's no need to amputate" she joked "if you'll excuse me" she said heading off into the parish hall kitchen.

She carefully ran her hand under cold water, but it still stung quite bad. The water felt as if it burned her skin.
"Would you like me to have a look at that?" Dr Turner asked appearing at the kitchen doorway.
"Yes" she said holding her hand out for him to examine. He closed the gap between them and took her hand in his, looking closely at the cut. His touch was gentle, she felt his fingers on her wrist and it made her shiver. His touch was soft. Both of them kept their eyes on her hand, not daring to look at each other. Her chest felt like it was tightening with every second, she wanted to break the silence but she didn't know how, but he did. He slowly rose her hand to meet his lips. She felt his soft, moist lips on the palm of her hand, like a stamp his lips left a mark, not a physical one but one she would remember. Then she pulled her hand away and she turned her back on him.
"I'm sorry, that was unforgivable" he said.
"Who is it that decides what is forgivable and unforgivable?" She said stuttering, breathless, excited and scared.
"I think you know that better than I do" he said.
"At this moment I only know that I'm not turning my back on you because of you. I'm doing it because of him" she nodded as she spoke forcing herself to believe that she turned her back on him because of God and her vows.
"And if I didn't accept that I wouldn't deserve to live, but you and I both know that God isn't preventing you from doing anything" he said, she heard his footsteps against the tiles, he was moving closer to her.
"Sister, I won't force you but please look at me" he pleaded and before she knew what she was doing she turned to face him. Her eyes were cast downward.
"Look at me, please look at me" he begged placing a hand on her cheek, he lifted her head slightly so that their eyes met. They both shut their eyes and moved closer their lips meeting again. This time it felt completely right. His hands moved to her waist and hers moved around his neck. He pulled her close, moving his hand back to her cheek, he pulled her wimple off tossing it to the floor. He pulled off the band holding her cap down and dropped it to the floor with her wimple, breaking the kiss only partly. Then he pulled the cap off her head dropping it as well, he ran his fingers through her hair, her clip falling out and joining the rest of her wimple on the floor. This felt right, this kiss wasn't lust, it was something else, something better. It was passion. It was desire to be held in one another's arms. It was love.
"SISTER BERNADETTE! DR TURNER! UNHAND EACH OTHER AT ONCE!" We pulled apart from each other.
"You should be ashamed of yourselves"
I didn't need to look at who the voice came from, I knew it all too well. Sister Julienne had caught us.