What do you need?

Sister Bernadette placed the box of spirit lamps on the kitchen side.
"I think it's dreadful to waste your time like this" she said placing the box of spirit lamps onto the kitchen side.
"Just tell me what you want sister" Dr Turner said taking a puff of his cigarette.
"We manage perfectly well in spite of the clinics limitations we take pride in it" she half smiled.
"If you can't tell me what you want then tell me what you need" he said taking another puff of his cigarette.
"Very well, there are several screens in need of repair. And there's never enough hot water" she frowned.
"Isn't there?" Dr Turner said shocked.
"We have to boil the kettle for you to wash your hands. So a water heater would be nice, above the sink. And we struggle with these spirit lamps. They're so old fashioned and so fragile" she said looking into the box.
"They must break so easily" he said moving to stand next to her.
"Yes, and the wicks get damp, and they won't burn" she said looking up at him.
Then his eyes met hers. Everything was said and nothing needed to be said. They moved closer, their eyes never left each others. Then their lips met and sparks flew around them, like fireworks shooting off into the sky. His arms moved to her waist pulling her closer to him. Her hands moved to his chest pulling them together, he made her feel small in his arms like she was always supposed to there. Then their kiss ended. They pulled apart but not too far. 
"I've fallen in love with you" he muttered, their eyes opening. Then her hand connected with his cheek.
SLAP
His hands dropped from her waist and he stepped back away from her.
"It was wrong of me to kiss you, I shouldn't have taken such liberties" he said holding his cheek.
"I'm so sorry" she murmured, her head downcast and her eyes begging to fill with tears.
"I'm the one at fault, I kissed you" he said looking over at her.
"I'm the one that's to blame, I'm the nun that is reminded of her vows everyday" she murmured, the tears from her eyes finally spilling over "Goodbye Dr Turner" the words hung in the air, barely audible from the hot tears that now stained her cheeks in their wake. She quickly fled the kitchen, not looking back. She rode her bike back along the streets of Poplar towards Nonnatus, the only place she now felt safe. She felt different somehow. Someway the kiss had changed her. Their looks changed after that, not physically but the way they looked at each other, as if they were passing secrets between them in their glances. Strange? How nothing had to be said yet it said everything.

Love cannot ease every anguish in the world but tenderly applied it can change people for the better. A special kind of magic was at work.