The Fête

The next week
"We have a letter from Jane" Trixie smiled taking a seat at the kitchen table.
"Read it out Trixie" Jenny smiled taking a sip of her tea.
"Hello everyone, the reverend Applebee Thornton sends his sincerest regards. We hope everyone at Nonnatus are well. The parish is coming along quite nicely and we hope that we will encourage more people to come to it.
Yours Jane
And PS we are engaged to be married" Trixie smiled at the last words.
"How happy for them" Jenny smiled.
"Yes, he really understood her" Cynthia added.
"How sweet" sister Bernadette smiled before resuming to her breakfast.
"Good morning everyone" sister julienne smiled taking her seat at the head of the table.
"Good morning sister, Jane is engaged to be married" Trixie smiled.
"We must pass on our congratulations" she smiled pouring herself a cup of tea "we will be engaging in a fête this year" she said sipping her tea.
"What kind of fête?" Cynthia asked.
"A fête to show our support for the community and we will also have a baby show" she announced.
"A baby show, how wonderful" Trixie smiled.
"It sounds positively wonderful" Jenny smiled "all though some mothers will be biased towards their baby" she smiled.
"I feel we are promoted to go in search of cake" sister Monica Joan smiled gleefully.
"I feel that sister Monica Joan is correct" Trixie smiled.