Telephone

We can couwer and wait for blue skies to be restored or we can take the plunge.

"The morning post has arrived" Timothy said looking at the letters on the desk "There's one for me! It's from sister Bernadette, in the sana...sana-"
"Sanatorium" Dr Turner said shocked.
"It's a picture, it's called the view from my window. She says thank you very much for the dead butterfly, I have passed it onto the doctors here and I am awaiting their verdict. Thank your farther for his kind letters, I shall reply to them in due course. What does in due course mean?" Timothy asked.
"Sometimes it means one day, and sometimes it means soon. Off you go now, you'll be late for school" Dr Turner ordered his son out. 

"Are you sure your fit to work Chummy?" Cynthia asked.
"I'm brimming with beans and were terribly short-handed poor sister Bernadette" Chummy frowned.
"Poor sister Bernadette? Poor me, I've had to fold all the nappies, it took me 3 hours it would've only taken her half of one" Trixie frowned making the others giggle.
"Hopefully she will be home soon and everything will be back to normal" Chummy smiled.
"Or who knows maybe a doctor may take her fancy, the TB doctors are very dashing" Trixie laughed.
"Trixie you wicked thing" Jenny laughed.

"Almond sponge!" I smiled looking into the tin.
"Mrs B made you a cherry slab, as well, but sister Monica Joan decided to spare it the journey" she said making us giggle.
"Sister I had a set of x-rays taken yesterday. And I've responded so well to the triple treatment. I no longer have active disease. I'm going to be discharged next week, to convalesce at home" I smiled at sister julienne.
"Oh, that is the most wonderful news!" She smiled back at me.
"The difficulty is, that I'm still not entirely certain where my home is or ought to be" I admitted.
"Well until you are certain, your home is with us amongst your sister" she smiled.
"Could I trouble you for some clothes?" I asked nervously.
"Clothes? Have you none here?"
"Only the habit, and I don't feel able to wear that now" I admitted to her.

"So it's been decided that sister Bernadette will not be returning to us for the meanwhile, but will go to Chichester as a house guest, while she considers her future with the order" sister julienne explained.
"But why would she want to leave at all? Why would she give up now, when it's been her life for so many years?" Cynthia asked.
"One fears that something in her is misaligned, to leave her sisters is to betray God's wishes, a spiritual crisis in our dear sister" sister Monica Joan frowned.
"Sister Bernadette is not suffering a loss of faith. But she has come to question what God requires of her. Beyond that I am not prepared to comment" sister julienne said ending the conversation.
"I often recall the day she joined, so young and so full of life, on her first day she was able to calm a hysterical mother with just a few kind words I told her 'you made her feel safe- that is the markings of a good nurse' and she smiled so sweetly in return" sister Monica Joan smiled before returning to her meal.
"It's always the quiet ones" sister Evangelina muttered.
"A weed is simply a flower that has grown in the wrong place" sister Monica Joan added, the words playing on everyone's minds.