Sisters in Christ

"I will not have rotting matter put into my veins" sister Monica Joan said sternly.
"If you don't take this penicillin you will be rotting matter" sister Evangelina fired back.
"I note I am getting the silver tongue treatment" she said making sister Evangelina huff "are you trying to summon up a fart?" She asked.
"No, sister, I am praying for strength" she said calmly.

"Everybody's asking how she is and a lady called just now and left these roses" sister Bernadette said finding a vase to put them in.
"Roses, there'll be roses on her coffin if she won't take the proper treatment. Mother Jesu, if she finds out, she'll be outraged" sister Evangelina said playing with her hands.
"Mother Jesu is coming in love and very possibly to say goodbye" sister Bernadette frowned, sadness lacing my voice.
"We are not going to lose sister Monica Joan she is going to take that penicillin even if it kills us" sister Evangelina said affirmatively, the tears welling in her eyes.
"Please sister let me try, sister Monica Joan needs a kinder hand and you need a break, why don't you find somewhere for these roses to go?" Sister Bernadette asked handing her the vase.
"Fine but she will run rings round you" she said walking off vase in hand.

"Sister how are you?" She asked her taking a seat in the chair next to her bed.
"Putrid and tired of this bed" she grumbled.
"Wouldn't it be nicer to go outside and be able to see the flowers again?" She asked.
"Quite" she murmured.
"Well you can't leave this room until you have taken the penicillin and the pneumonia has gone" she said.
"I will only take it if I can have flowers by my bedside the whole time I am to remain in this bed" she said folding her arms over her chest.
"Fine by me" she smiled at her.

"Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another just as God through Christ has forgiven you" she read from her Bible when sister Monica Joan placed her hand on hers.
"Love bears all things,
Love believes all things,
Love hopes all things,
Love endures all things" she finishes.
"Correct sister" she said closing her Bible and placing it onto the bedside table. Placing her other hand over their joined ones.
"I read this to you one night when you were just a postulant, you cried oceans of tears because your brothers and farther didn't support your journey into the religious life much like my own mother and when I had finished you smiled for the first time in days and it was then I knew you were destined for greatness" she whispered.
"Sister how do you remember that it was so long ago?" She asked her.
"Some things are etched upon my mind" she whispered "I must sleep" she whispered again before closing her eyes. She was going to be ok.
"The quadrants are in alignment, the moon is in Venus. We are all of us exactly where we should be" she whispered.