The Pictures again

Shelagh huffed, looking through her wardrobe for a decent outfit. Patrick had asked her to the pictures, and she was excited to go but she didn't know what to wear because she was so nervous. But she eventually decided on a black lace dress.

Shelagh descended the staircase, and walked along the corridor, pausing when she reached the living room

Shelagh descended the staircase, and walked along the corridor, pausing when she reached the living room. All eyes were on her.
"Shelagh you look beautiful" Trixie smiled making her blush.
"Where may we ask are you headed this evening?" Sister julienne smiled.
"The pictures to see late spring" Shelagh smiled.
"Who are you going with? We wouldn't want to walking home alone" sister julienne asked.
"I'll fetch my coat I could do with a night out" Trixie said getting out of her chair.
"No, tonight I'll be attending the pictures with Dr Turner, after what happened the first time we want to try again" Shelagh said, avoiding eye contact.
"Oh, I see" Trixie said smirking.
"I must be going, good night everyone" Shelagh weakly smiled, before rushing out of Nonnatus.

"You look beautiful Shelagh" Patrick smiled.
"You look rather dashing yourself" Shelagh smiled making him smile.

Shelagh and Patrick settled into their seats in the cinema. Shelagh was leant into Patrick's side and he had his arm around her. A woman and her husband noticed the couple.
"Look isn't that Dr Turner?" She asked her husband.
"Yes it is and who's that lovely lady on his arm?" Her husband asked.
"Watch it you, that's that nurse who used to be a nun" she told him.
Then Patrick leant over and placed a long kiss to Shelagh's lips.

The next evening
Shelagh sat at the dining room table, eating her food and listening to the group's stories of the day.
"Today I heard some interesting talk" Trixie smiled.
"There has always been talk especially around here" Jenny rolled her eyes.
"Yes but this talk was very interesting" Trixie shot an unsubtle smirk at Shelagh.
"Well what was it then?" Sister Evangelina said angrily.
"Some of my patients saw Shelagh and Dr Turner at the pictures last night, they thought the two of them made a perfect couple" Trixie said casually.
"They must have gotten the wrong end of the stick because Dr Turner and I are just friends" Shelagh said quickly.
"Really because when you kissed it seemed to prove what they thought" Trixie smirked.
"Friends? Oh I don't think so, young and in love" sister Monica-Joan smiled.
"I wouldn't call Dr Turner young" Trixie giggled playfully.
"The things you hear when you haven't got a gun" sister Evangelina huffed.
The doorbell rang out and sister julienne went to answer it.
"So you've been sneaking off with Dr Turner?" Trixie said smirking. Before Shelagh could answer sister julienne re-entered the room, making everyone fall silent.
"There is a gentleman at the door" she smiled. Shelagh quickly got up and made her way towards the door.
"Patrick you better come in" Shelagh frowned.
"Are you that sad to see me again?" He joked.
"They all know about the cinema last night, especially the kiss" Shelagh frowned and blushed slightly.
"Oh" he said as they made their way into the dining room.
"Shelagh I believe you have something to tell us?" Sister julienne smiled kindly.
"I left Nonnatus not just because I wanted to be a mother or a wife but I was in love and after I left the sanatorium it was made clear what would come next but I thought that Patrick and I would get to know one another more before we entered into anything" Shelagh explained, her gaze focused on the ground.
"The heart makes it's mind up in very strange places if you ask me" sister julienne smiled.
"I wish I had a gun" sister Evangelina murmured as she walked into the kitchen.
"I think it's lovely" Cynthia smiled giving Shelagh a hug.
"Thank you Cynthia" Shelagh smiled hugging her back.
"I'm so happy for you both" Jenny smiled giving Shelagh a hug.
"Congratulations you two, I just knew something had to be going on" Trixie smirking hugging Shelagh tightly.