Bad dreams

It was extremely late when Dr Turner and Trixie came back to Nonnatus.
"I'm going to put these tools in the autoclave and I'm going straight to bed the labour wore me out" Trixie sighed and made her way to the decontamination room.
The whole of the convent was in dead silence. He walked slowly into the sitting room he saw Sister Bernadette asleep on the sofa cuddling with Timothy. She was dressed in her habit, but her shoes were
arranged neatly on the floor near her feet, and her wimple and glasses lay on the end table near her head. He had never seen her without either before, and he found himself staring despite himself. Without the
glasses, and without her customary alertness, she looked very young, younger in fact, than he knew her to be. He had always thought of her as pretty, especially her eyes. But even with her eyes closed, she was indeed strikingly pretty. He found himself memorising her face, like this, in his mind. Awake, she was always in motion, and her face always expressed something, determination when she was working or sly amusement often directed at sister Evangelina or nurse Brown. Asleep though, she looked peaceful. She began to stir as if she was having a nightmare.
"Sister" he whispered shaking her gently.
"No" she said as her eyes bolted open.
"Are you ok?" Dr Turner asked keeping his hand on sister Bernadette's upper arm.
"Bad dream" she said lifting her head slightly.
"Can I ask what it was about?" He asked removing his hand.
"My father, I can always seem to recall my childhood when I attempt to sleep" she admitted stroking Timothy's head.
"I'm sorry and I must be heading home now" he said looking at the sleeping child in her arms.
"It's late no one will object to you staying" she said looking down at Timothy.
"I really shouldn't" he said.
"It's late, you've been delivering the baby for hours stay" she said meeting his gaze.
"Alright then" he smiled taking off his tie, shoes and jacket and lying on the sofa Timothy fell asleep on earlier.
"Do you need anything?" She asked him as he got comfortable on the sofa.
"No I will be perfectly fine" he smiled at me before we both settled down and soon fell asleep.