61. Spouses & Truths - ✭RAE✭

Začať od začiatku

"No, no I didn't sleep with Seth." I arch myself upwards, propping myself up on my elbow so I can look at him. "No, Liam, I didn't."

"Is it something Seth related?" I nod feeling like such a piece of shit when his face falls. I know what I'm about to say is most likely going to cause a colossal argument.

"He kissed me on Thanksgiving." I uttered the words barely louder than a whisper but you can tell from his angered face he'd heard them.

"Did you kiss him back?" I give him a sad nod and he shakes his head in hurt anger. "Un-fucking-believable."

"Liam, I'm sorry. It was just once." I feel the anxiety flow through me when he gets up from the bed. "Liam, please, I'm sorry."

"Anything else?" His voice is tight. I can tell he's holding back his irritation.

"We went out dancing together." He pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Wait," I can see the wheels turning in his head, "when I called you, you were with him? The friend you were with was Seth?"

"I picked up. It's not like we were doing anything inappropriate. We were just dancing."

Ugh what was I thinking going out with him?

I sure as shit will never tell him nor anyone else what's in the locked box in the back of my brain. I can't tell Liam we'd danced so intimately he got hard and made my hips rock against him until I got off. No way in hell I'm ever telling anyone that.

"Just dancing." He said the words mockingly like he knew exactly what was going on in my head. "It's never just anything with the two of you and you fucking know it, Raegan." He slips on his pants and his shirt in frustration. Thankfully he had because the door busts open revealing Jamie's sleepy form.

"Daddy!" Jamie jumps up into Liam's arms.

"Hey little man!" Liam swings him around with a giant hug making my heart ache. What the hell was I thinking? "Did you miss me?"

"I missed you so much!" He squeals happily and that's when the buzzer goes of at the door.

"That's got to be the food." Liam sets Jamie down and exits the room.

"Go with dad." I say to Jamie because I need to put clothes on. I'm still naked under the sheets.

"Okay." He smiles at me before leaving, completely unaware of the conversation I was just having with his father. I get up from the bed and as I begin slipping my clothes on I hear Jamie yell excitedly, "Seth!" And my heart nearly stops.

I quickly finish dressing and make it out of the room to see Seth standing there in the doorway, in front of Liam, with Jamie clung to his leg. I know after what I'd just told Liam he's probably furious at the sight and the moment Seth leaves he's going to take that anger out on me.

"Jamie, come here, love." I call over to him, hoping to assuage some of Liam's irritation. I can't see it because his back is facing me but I know my husband. The only reason he's keeping it together is for Jamie's sake, I'm sure. He most likely wants to rip Jamie off of Seth and slam the door in his face.

"But it's Seth! Daddy, this is Seth!"

"We've met." Liam is just barely holding it together. "Is there something I can help you with?" Liam quickly quips when Seth's eyes linger on me for a moment longer than they should.

"I was hoping I caught Rhys before he and Lindsay went out tonight but I guess not." He looks over to me and I want to slap the longing right off of his face. Please stop looking at me like that. "So, yeah, I guess I'll just be on my way." He musses Jamie's hair, "I've got to go, bud."

"No!" He clings onto his leg even tighter.

"James Liam Anderson, let go of him right now." The words came out of my mouth harsher than I would've liked them to, making Jamie give me a defiant look. "Now."

"Buddy, it's alright. I'll see you soon. I promise." But if Liam has his way, Seth won't be able to keep that promise. He finally lets go of Seth's leg and stomps irritatedly past me, heading to what used to be Seth's room.

Liam looks over his shoulder and asks, "is he in his room?" I nod which has him turning back to Seth saying, "if you ever kiss my wife again I will fucking end you." Then he slams the door in Seth's shocked face.

When he turns around I go up to him, "Liam-"

"Don't." He doesn't say anything else as he walks past me and goes into our room, slamming the door.

As I stare off into the hallway I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I pull it out and realize there's several missed text messages from Seth. They were all from about an hour ago saying how much he missed me, how he can't stop thinking about the other night, that he was going to come see Jamie and I, then the final one from just now saying he's sorry.

Me too, Seth, me too.