BONUS: "AFTER YOU"

"He's not going to want me there and we both know it,"

"And what you, Steve Rogers, don't seem to understand is that I'm not giving him a choice," Charlotte Watson spoke, eyeing her love from the passenger seat of their vehicle as he drove down the road, his leg bouncing nervously though as he drove. "This is the birth of Tony's child, and he understands that if he wants me there then you're going to be there too."

"Even though he has made it abundantly clear he wants nothing to do with me and definitely does not want me there,"

"Steve Grant Rogers, I want to be the first to see my best friend's child so knock it off and drive the car,"

Steve couldn't even deny the little laugh that left his throat as he reached his hand across, taking Charlotte's in his own. His thumb moved over the ring that sat on her hand, reminding him that she was his forever, just as he was her's.

The drive to the hospital was full of silence. Normally, whenever the pair would take drives through the city, they'd be laughing and joking and people watching most of all.

Everything had been different since they lost.

It had only been a few months since they had lost...everyone. Their friends, family, half of all living creatures in the universe. The streets weren't the same, people still recovering as the government tried to get a handle on the situation. Less cars on the road, less people going about their day to day activities. Most people stayed inside, trying to figure out how to start over now that their loved ones were gone.

It was something the lovers in the car tried their best to ignore, knowing that it was because of their failure that they the universe was in shambles. It was all their fault.

A front row spot was available in front of the entrance to the hospital. Steve made sure to place the car in park before hopping out, moving as fast as possible as he chased after Lottie, who was practically running through the doors.

The front desk woman looked up in shock as Lottie landed at the front table with Steve behind her. The pair weren't sure if she was in shock because of Lottie literally almost flying over the table in excitement, or because the infamous Captain America and Slate were standing before her.

"We're here for Tony Stark and Pepper Potts," Steve said, a slight frown forming at the thought of Tony. The woman nodded, looking through her system quickly.

"Room 412, you can take the elevators down there to the right,"

Steve couldn't hold in the smile and the laugh as he walked calmly after Lottie, who was jumping into the elevator before the doors were even completely open. He stepped inside, his arm winding it's way around his fiance as he hit the button for the fourth floor of the hospital.

"Bets on the gender?"

"Boy, by far," Steve commenting, looking down at her. "You?"

"Girl for sure, or at least that's probably what Tony was hoping for," she said, her foot tapping impatiently against the floor below her. "Less of a chance of her turning out exactly like him."