FORTY-ONE

{thank you to phoenixheartsss for this AMAZING manip of Steve and Lottie!}

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago,"

"Any demands?" Lottie questioned, slipping on her mask and adjusting her ponytail as she moved to stand beside Natasha and Steve, waiting on Brock Rumlow's response.

"A billion and a half,"

"Why so steep?" Steve questioned, looking over the screen before them.

"Because it's SHIELD's,"

Both Lottie and Steve let out a little sigh at Rumlow's comment, looking down to Natasha.

"So it's not off course, it's trespassing," Steve commented, gaining a shrug from Natasha in response.

"I'm sure they have a good reason,"

"Nattie, it's not very fun being Fury's janitors," Natasha only rolled her eyes at Lottie.

"Relax, it's not that complicated,"

"How many pirates?" Steve cut in, giving Lottie a shake of his head. She rolled her eyes, lips pursed as she looked back to Rumlow.

" Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc," Rumlow pulled up a picture of said man on the screen, turning to face the team. "Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostage situation?" Lottie questioned as Rumlow began pulling up more pictures.

"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley,"

"And what the hell is Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Lottie looked up at Steve with a raised eyebrow. He only sighed, adjusting his gloves.

"I don't know. Alright, Lottie and I are gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move,"

The team broke off, securing channel seven and gearing up as they came up on the landing zone. Lottie grabbed a parachute, strapping it on as Steve stood beside her, strapping on his helmet.

"So, you two do anything fun Saturday?" Natasha questioned, a smirk on her face as she strapped on her own parachute.

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... No, not really,"

"Unless you count watching Netflix all night," Lottie cut in, sending Steve a smile. "Not too sure how he felt about The Walking Dead."

"Maybe you two should get married," Lottie raised an eyebrow at Natasha while Steve opened the back of the plane for launch. Natasha only shrugged with a smirk. "I'm just saying, you've been through enough, why not make it official?"