NINETY-FIVE

Bucky Barnes held his gun in one hand, looking down to his other as it began to turn to dust

Bucky Barnes held his gun in one hand, looking down to his other as it began to turn to dust. He looked up at Steve, taking a step toward him until the rest of his body turned to dust, the pile that was left of him on the forest floor.

Steve Rogers eyes were wide as he walked over to the pile that used to be his best friend, his hand moving through the dust as he looked back up at Thor.

On the battlefield of Wakanda, hundreds of Wakandan soldiers were turning to dust. M'Baku looked around at his tribe, trying to figure out what was happening to them all.

"Up, General. Up! This is no place to die,"

Okoye lifted her head, taking hold of her King's arm. But her eyes widened as he hand slipped right through his arm, looking into the eyes of T'Challa one last time for her turned to dust in front of her. 

The general scrambled back, frantically looking around the forest as she tried to understand what had just happened to her King.

"I am Groot..."

"No... no. No. No. No! Groot, no," Rocket lunged forward, his hand moving through the dust that was left behind of Groot as he stared down at the spot, wondering where he could have gone as tears clouded the racoon's eyes.

Wanda Maximoff leaned over the body of her love, staring down at him as she felt her own body begin to turn to dust. Her eyes shut as she looked up to the sky, welcoming death as her dust fell to the ground below her.

"Sam? Sam, where you at?" James Rhodes called out, not knowing that just feet away Sam Wilson's body was reduced to nothing but a pile of dust.

The remaining team members converged around Steve Rogers as he sat beside the body of what used to be Vision. Natasha rounded the corner, looking around at the remains of the team with wide eyes.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodey questioned the team, his eyes wide.

Steve Rogers stared out at the empty forest in front of him, realizing exactly what had just happened.

"Oh god,"

Only one name was swimming through his mind in the midst of the wreckage: Lottie.

◼ ◼ ◼

Peter Parker ran towards Lottie and Tony, helping the two up to their feet. Lottie placed a hand on Peter's shoulder, smiling down at him as he took a step away, allowing the two best friends to lean on one another for support.

The remains of the Guardians approached them, standing together as Nebula stood off to the side, looking around at Titan. Dr. Strange sat behind them, looking down at his hands, for he knew what was coming. 

"Something is happening..." Mantis spoke, her voice shaking and full of fear as she looked around at the team.

Quill took a step away from her with wide eyes as her entire body faded to dust before their very eyes. Lottie gripped onto Tony in fear, looking at the place where Mantis had just stood

"Quill?"

Eyes were drawn to Drax as he stared down at his own arm, watching it fade away before the rest of his body followed suit. Quill's wide eyes turned back to face Tony.

"Steady, Quill," Tony told him, his own voice shaky as he took a step away from Lottie.

"Oh man,"

Within a second, Quill was reduced to nothing but dust as well.

"Lottie, Tony..." The pair whipped around to face Strange, eyes wide as he looked at them with nothing but pity and sadness in his eyes. "There was no other way."

Strange closed his eyes, accepting his fate as his own body fell to the ground in a pile of nothing but dust. Lottie breath caught in her throat as she stumbled backwards, staring at the spot where the wizard sat just moments ago.

"Lottie? Mr. Stark?"

Tears burned at the back of Lottie's eyes as both her and Tony turned to the frightened face of Peter Parker. He was breathing heavily, looking between his hands and the two mentors that stood before him.

"I don't feel so good,"

"Pete..." Lottie trailed off, a tear slipping down her cheek as she took a step toward the boy.

"You're alright," Tony spoke, his voice shaking as he tried to convince himself that this wasn't happening.

"I don't know what's- I don't know what's happening. I don't-" Peter Parker fell into Lottie's arms as she gripped him tight, never wanted to let him go as they both cried. Tony ran forward, his hand resting on Peter's should as they looked down at the kid. "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, guys, please. Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go..."

Peter fell to the floor, his body already beginning to disintegrate. Tony and Lottie fell with him, each kneeling on one side of the young boy as he looked between them.

"I'm sorry..."

A choked sob ran through Lottie as Peter Parker was reduced to nothing but dust. Both her and Tony looked down at their hands, seeing the remains of the young boy that coated their skin.

Another sob racked through Lottie's body as she let out a blood-curdling scream, her hands covering her face as she placed her forehead on the ground where Peter used to lay. Tony's hand rested on her back as he held his own face, rocking back and forth as they both realized that they had just lost.

"...he did it,"

◼ ◼ ◼

Would we all like to mourn together? Let's all light our candles and mourn all those we lost today

Would we all like to mourn together? Let's all light our candles and mourn all those we lost today. You KNOW I cried writing this, come on, of course I did.