FIFTY-SIX

With soft and quick movements, Steve Rogers moved his hands over Lottie's upper arm, bandaging the nasty gash that was torn into her suit

With soft and quick movements, Steve Rogers moved his hands over Lottie's upper arm, bandaging the nasty gash that was torn into her suit. She watched him with a small smile, lost in the look on his face as he concentrated on her so intently.

"You're cute when you're all concentrated,"

Steve smiled, his eyes trailing up to meet hers for a moment.

"Have I ever told you that you've gotten a lot more confident since the 40's?"

"Oh yes, several times,"

"I still blame Tony,"

Steve found himself lost in the laugh that passed by Lottie's lips. The woman pushed Steve's hands away from her arm, notching them around his neck for just a second to press a kiss to his lips, the pair both losing themselves in the moment. 

It was rare, now, living with the entire team again to truly find a moment alone. It was the one thing they both missed in D.C., truly getting to have moments alone together. They were perfectly content stealing little ones here and there, though.

"Thor, report on the Hulk?"

"The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims,"

The two soldiers pulled away as they stared at Thor with wide eyes. He mirrored their gazes, looking back to catch Lottie's eye as she furiously shook her head at him.

"I mean- uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout."

Thor shot Lottie a thumbs up, obviously proud of himself for his recovery. Lottie only shook her head, pushing Steve away from her lightly as she rose to her feet.

"Hey Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?"

"Yeah, that's good. She knows her way around," Bruce called back to Tony, before curling back up into his blanket. Lottie gave the man a little grin, squeezing his shoulder before she moved to stand beside the table housing the scepter. Steve and Thor stood beside her as Tony finally appeared as well.

"It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but-"

"No, but this...this brings it to a close," Thor shot Tony a little grin, clapping him on the shoulder as Steve jumped in on the conversation.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?"

"Tony, Bruce and I will give it a once over before it heads back to Asgard," Lottie told him, looking back at Thor quickly. "As long as that's okay with you, of course."

"Oh course Lady Lottie, I trust your judgement," Thor and the woman shared a grin as Tony jumped in once more.

"I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?"