FORTY-EIGHT

Black baseball cap and dark sunglasses paired with a pair of jeans and a hoodie were the disguises that both Lottie and Steve had assumed in order to sneak back into the hospital, needing to retrieve the flash-drive that Steve had hidden not that ...

Black baseball cap and dark sunglasses paired with a pair of jeans and a hoodie were the disguises that both Lottie and Steve had assumed in order to sneak back into the hospital, needing to retrieve the flash-drive that Steve had hidden not that long ago.

Lottie hung back as Steve approached the vending machine. Her eyes trailed to the door behind Steve's back, Natasha emerging from it. She shot Lottie a wink, which was met with an eyeroll, as she chewed the gum in her mouth and caught Steve's attention.

The man grabbed onto Natasha, shoving her back into the room that she had just come out of. Lottie sighed, entering the room behind them and shutting the door behind them, keeping an eye out for any of the STRIKE team.

"Where is it?"

"Safe,"

"Do better!"

Lottie approached Steve, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder as she pulled him back from Natasha. She shot him a warning glance, telling him to calm down as he let out the breath he was holding as Lottie turned back to her friend.

"Why'd Fury give it to you?" she questioned the two soldiers, already having put together that he must've been the one to give it to them. Lottie only shrugged.

"Don't know. You know what's on it?"

"Not sure,"

"Stop lying," Steve told her, voice and gaze cold. Lottie's hand found his, giving it a squeeze. He was definitely on edge after being attacked by his own team not long before, of course he was skeptical of Natasha, a spy.

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers,"

"Did you know that Fury hired the pirates?" Lottie's comment made Natasha freeze for a second, before she regained her composure.

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you,"

"This is ridiculous," Steve mumbled, turning to leave. Lottie tried to tug him back.

"I know who killed Fury," the comment gained the two soldiers attention, both turning back to face Natasha. She sighed, chewing on her gum again. "Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who do call him the Winter Soldier."

"He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years," Lottie finished, off, realizing why the man had looked so familiar. She looked up at Natasha as she nodded.

"So he's a ghost story," Steve finished off, but Natasha shook her head.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me. Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."