BONUS: "I DO"

"You look as nervous as that damn squirrel in Ice Age every time it's about to lose it's god damn nut again,"

The strange analogy helped calm Charlotte Watson's nerves for just a moment, pulling a genuine laugh out of her. Her gaze fluttered up to the full length mirror in front of her, her arms wrapping around the front of her robe as she locked eyes with Tony Stark in the reflection of the mirror as he leaned against the door-frame of the dressing room in the back of the old church in Brooklyn.

"Gotta say, that's pretty high on my list of the weirdest analogies you've ever used on me," Tony laughed as he walked up behind Lottie, smiling at his gorgeous best friend in the mirror. "What are you doing here?"

"Honestly, I was hoping I would come back here and find out that you left a note saying that you don't want to marry capsicle and you're running off with a foreigner to live your life in the countryside," Lottie raised an eyebrow at her best friend, who only shrugged. "Sorry, I just don't want you to marry the man who, you know, kept one of the biggest secrets in history from both of us. Trust is a key foundation of a relationship."

"Forgiveness is also an essential portion of life,"

Turning around, a frown crossed Lottie's lips as she stared up at her best friend. Tony rolled his eyes, sighing as he grabbed onto her shoulders.

"It's your wedding day! Why the hell are you frowning?"

"Because my best friend is making it pretty clear that he doesn't approve," Lottie muttered. "And...because it just doesn't feel whole today."

Tony swallowed the lump in his throat, his face softening as he saw the look that crossed Lottie's face. Her grip tightened on her shoulders as he forced her to look up at him.

"Look, I do approve. The Star Spangled Man with a Plan makes you happy, and I love that. I just...wish it was anyone but him," Tony trailed off for a minute before picking back up. "I'm here for you, to support you. Today should be the happiest day of your life, you shouldn't think about all of them."

"It's hard not to when they're supposed to be here," reaching onto the counter of the vanity beside her, Lottie quickly grabbed a tissue and blotted at her under eyes, not wanting her tears to ruin the makeup that Natasha had done. "Wanda should be at my side, standing next to Nat. Bucky and Sam...they should be standing with Steve and bickering the entire time. Peter should be here. They all should."

"They are," Lottie and Tony pulled away, looking back at Natasha from where she now leaned in the doorway. "They might not be beside us, but they're here. You know that."

Lottie looked down, blotting her eyes one last time before looking between the two before her, sharing smiles with them both.

"I know...okay, like you said, happiest day of my life. I need to get dressed and go marry the love of my life,"