THIRTY-THREE

"Waking up, being told that you died not long after I did, it wasn't easy to hear,"

Walking through the long halls of the SHIELD hellicarrier, Lottie's arm was wound through Steve's as they strolled together slowly, taking in the small about of time they had together in their current situation.

Lottie watched Steve with a gentle smile, trying to commit every bit of him to memory the best that she could.

"Waking up without you felt like I was missing a piece of myself," Lottie confided, following the familiar pathways that she knew would lead her to the lab that Tony and Bruce were currently in. "They told me they hadn't found you, when in reality they found you just days later. We were a couple hundred miles apart all this time."

"Even in death, we did everything together,"

The pair shared a laugh, looking at one another again as Lottie found herself lost in those eyes, those gorgeous blue eyes, again. Steve couldn't deny that he was lost in her eyes as well.

"I do want to tell you, Stevie, I'm not a fan of this new uniform. It's...not very practical,"

"Oh trust me, I'm well aware,"

Agents passed them, trying their best not to stare as they looked upon the living legends, the heroes of World War 2, who were standing here alive in the hallway of the hellicarrier. Though none of them could help but smile as they watched them, knowing the soldiers had found one another again.

"If it wasn't for Tony and Pepper, I don't think I'd be as comfortable in this world as I am," Lottie confessed to Steve, looking down on her hand as it rested on Steve's forearm, drawing small circles on the sleeve of his uniform. "I realized that I didn't have anyone, and then all the sudden I had Tony. He isn't Howard, but he's a part of him. He took me in and gave me a home, but it didn't feel like home because I didn't have you.

"Fury didn't tell me anything," Steve told the woman on his arm, looking down at her. "Explained the world in it's basics, told me what had happened to you after I went under, but told me you were gone. They put me up in an apartment, but none of it felt right because I realized that I didn't have you, Bucky, I didn't have our life."

The door that led into the lab was just feet away as Lottie stopped Steve in his tracks, standing in front of him. Her hands traveled down to Steve's, taking them into her own as Steve looked down at her like she was the only thing on the planet.

"You and I, we have one another now, have each other again. I'll show you everything, teach you all I already know. I'm never going to leave your side again. Like Bucky always said, till the end of the line,"

"Maybe we can finally have that dance, too,"

Lottie smiled.

"We're definitely going to have that dance. Tony introduced me to Ed Sheeran, maybe we'll have him play,"