SEVENTY-SEVEN

With the quinjet parked next to Helmut Zemo's truck on the remote icy mountaintop in Siberia, Lottie, Steve, and Bucky gathered their gear

"You guys remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve questioned the two as they walked down the back of the quinjet.

"Ah yes, the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs. Which I said was a bad idea but no one ever listened to me," Lottie added in.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead," Steve shot at Buck, a grin on his face.

"What was her name again?"

"Dolores," Lottie reminded him. "You called her Dot. I couldn't stand her."

"I know, that's why you and Steve abandoned me to go play some other game," Buck mentioned, grinning down at Lottie. "God, Dot's gotta be like a hundred years old now."

"We all are, pal,"

The trio maneuvered their way to the open door of the bunker, exchanging a look.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours," she told the two. "But unfortunately, that might've been enough time to wake them up."

Steve led the way into the bunker and down the elevator, to the main floor. His shield was at the ready, along with Lottie's, as Bucky held his gun out in front of him as they quietly walked the barren hallways of the HYDRA lab.

As they moved down the main hallway, Lottie could feel the chills running down her spine. The place was eerily quiet to the point where she felt like she was on the set of a horror movie she didn't want to be in.

The three crept up the stairs, Bucky taking the lead and Steve bringing up the rear. All three of them paused, whipping around toward the elevator as they heard the doors move, weapons at the ready, until the saw the familiar glow of the arc reactor coming through the crack.

Steve moved down toward Tony as he walked forward, his helmet retracting into his suit. Lottie stayed poised in front of Bucky, just in case, but relaxed at the sight of Tony and not one of the soldiers.

"You seem a little defensive," Tony called out as Steve neared him.

"Well, it's been a long day,"

Tony looked up at Lottie, giving her a small smile before rolling his eyes at Bucky, who still had his gun trained on him.

"At ease, Soldier. I'm not currently after you," Tony turned to look at Steve with a sigh. "Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe. Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself."

"Seems like a lot of paperwork," Lottie shot, sending her best friend a small grin. He sent one back.

Steve and Tony looked at one another for a moment, nodding, before all four of them were back to moving through the base.