SIXTY-FOUR

Captain America and Slate exited the jet just a mile or so away from Helen Cho's office building

Captain America and Slate exited the jet just a mile or so away from Helen Cho's office building. They took one more look back at Natasha and Clint, getting the go ahead from them before they climbed onto the back of Steve's bike, taking off toward the building.

Through her mask and a scan of the building, Lottie concluded that it was only Helen Cho left inside, though she already knew that from her vision. The pair ran through the hallways of the building until they found Helen Cho's lab, with her lying on the ground in the destruction.

Steve and Lottie slid to the floor in front of Helen Cho, who was struggling to sit up against the wall with the amount of blood pouring from her wound.

"Dr. Cho!"

Just like in her vision, Lottie calmly placed her hands over Doctor Cho's wound to try and stop the bleeding, keeping the woman conscious.

"He's uploading himself into the body," she choked out as Lottie looked back to the empty space behind them, right where the high-tech regeneration cradle was supposed to be located.

"Where?"

Steve went to move away when Helen grabbed his arm, tugging him back as she looked between the pair before her.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark. Go!"

"Will you be okay?" Lottie questioned the woman as Steve walked away from them. Helen only gave a small smile, nodding her head. Lottie grabbed a spare wad of wrap from the ground, quickly wrapping it around Helen's wound before she followed Steve out of building and back to the bike.

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve called out to Nat and Clint as they climbed back onto the bike.

"We did," Clint said back as Natasha quickly jumped in.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him," Natasha told them as they came to a stop underneath the highway overpass.

"It's the truck from the lab. Right above you, guys. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver,"

"Negative," Lottie shot back as her and Steve climbed the maintenance ladder on the side of the highway. "The gem holds enough power to level the city. We crash that truck, thousands of people will die."

Both of the soldiers gave each other a look before gearing up and jumping off the side of the highway, landing on top of the truck with a loud bang that they were sure Ultron could hear inside.

Steve crawled his way over the edge and grabbed onto the back doors, only for them to be shot open. Lottie braced herself on top of the truck as Steve was shot into the air, landing on the broken door attached to the truck that was skidding across the road.