ONE HUNDRED THREE

"I never got to say thank you,"

Tony Stark was working on the Quantum Realm generator, or at least the larger version of it. They were fitting the entire team into the tiny one in the back of Scott's ugly brown van. Steve Rogers stood off to the side, only handing him parts as he didn't want to mess anything up.

Without battling an eyelash, Tony continued to work on the circuits beneath the generator as Steve passed him the tool he needed.

"For what, capsicle?"

"Taking care of Lottie all those years,"

That was the comment that got Tony Stark to pause.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Tony rolled out from underneath the machine as he pulled himself to his feet. He never met Steve's eyes as he walked past, wiping his greasy hands on the rag towel in his grasp.

"Well someone had to after you lied to the two of us about one of the biggest things ever," Tony looked back with a shrug when he saw the wince on Steve's face. "Sorry, Cap, but that's the truth. You were right that he was innocent, but the lying was where you lost both of us."

"I know, and I regretted it every single day after that. But still, thank you, Tony,"

"She's my family too, Rogers," Tony finally turned completely around to stare at his old friend. "I wasn't just upset that you lied to me, but because you lied to her. I took care of her for eight months before you came back into the picture, and I would happily take care of her any second you're out of it too."

Steve let a small smile cross his lips as he watched Tony turn back to the table of tools in front of him.

"I know you would, and it makes me feel good to know that if anything happens during this time heist that she'll have someone waiting for her," with another look back from Tony, it was Steve shrugging this time. "We don't know what might go wrong, anything could happen. Knowing that if something were to happen to me and that she'd have you and Nat here...it helps me rest easy."

"Well, no one is dying," Tony told him defiantly, throwing the rag towel at him as he crouched down in front of the machine once again. "She- none of us can handle anymore loss. Especially not you, Cap."

Tony paused for a moment before getting back to his feet and walking toward the table once more. Steve watched with curiosity as he reached into a tool box, producing a black, velvet box from down inside.

"Lottie likes to snoop through my stuff sometimes, so I had to hide it somewhere she wouldn't find it," Tony handed the box to Steve as he opened it. "It was...something my dad had got. He told me that he was out with Peggy one day when they saw it, and they both thought of her. The plan was to always bring it to rest on her grave, but neither of them ever got the chance."

Steve smiled as he stared down at the box in front of him. A gorgeous diamond necklace with a diamond pendant at the bottom: slate blue in color.

"She's gonna love it, Tony,"