THIRTY-EIGHT

The remaining forces of Loki's army streamed out of the portal up above as the team looked to the skies, watching as the Chitauri made their descent

"Call it, Cap,"

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment," Steve called out to his team, looking back at them all. "Barton, Iwant you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asked Tony, who moved to grab onto the back of Clint's jacket.

"Right, better clench up, Legolas,"

The team watched the two disappear into the skies before turning back to Steve once more.

"Thor! You gotta try and bottleneck that portal, slow 'em down. You got the lightning, light the bastards up," Steve turned to look at Lottie as Thor swung his hammer, flying up into the air. "You, me and Natasha we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk!"

The three turned to the Hulk, who seemed to be smirking at them.

"Smash,"

The trio on the ground turned to face the oncoming Chitauri hoard coming down the street as the rest of their team put the plan in motion. They gave each other a look, nodding their heads, before running into the fight.

Lottie ran forward, shooting down one of the oncoming warriors as she slid underneath the following one as it tried to come down on her from above. Lottie whipped around, throwing out her foot as she kicked it backward, shooting it as well before shooting down one across the overpass as it came up behind Steve.

There was a blast from behind as Lottie ducked and rolled out of the way, turning to see Steve throw his shield toward the two Chitauri that blasted at her. The shield ricocheted off their bodies as Lottie quickly caught it on her arm, turning and blocking the advancement of another alien behind her. She quickly shot him down, throwing the shield back to Steve across the way.

"Tony, when this is all said and done," Lottie called out over her earpiece as she ducked under the blast of another Chitauri. "We gotta develop something new for me. Guns don't offer much protection!"

"Focus on making sure Manhattan doesn't get blown to bits and then we'll talk about an upgrade,"

Natasha and Lottie fought back to back, shooting down the multiple Chitauri that were advancing on them. There was a blast, throwing the pair away from one another. Lottie hit the ground, turning to see that Natasha was pinned up against the back of a car by one of the creatures. Gun in hand, Lottie quickly shot the Chitauri behind her, grabbing his weapon and tossing it to Natasha. She took hold of it, quickly shooting the one on top of her.

There was a bang behind them, both Lottie and Natasha whipping around with their weapons at the ready, only to see that it was Steve standing behind them, they both took the opportunity to relax for a moment.