FIFTY-THREE

"Natasha, status?"

"Natasha, status?"

"About to join the World Security Council and meet Pierce, stay in position,"

Lottie took in a deep breath, adjusting the mask on her face as she reloaded her gun. She was positioned in the air ducts overhead of Pierce's office, thanks to Jarvis finding a clear duct for her to infiltrate, where Pierce was set to bring the World Security Council to in just a minute or so.

She prayed that Steve, Sam, and Maria would stay safe, knowing they were just a minute or so away from infiltrating the control room before moving on to the hellicarriers outside.

Going silent, the World Security Council entered the room with Pierce in the lead. Lottie smirked, thankful that the technology was working well as Lottie couldn't even tell that it was Natasha disguised as Councilwoman Hawley.

"I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally we're here, and the world should be grateful,"

Lottie kept a hand on her gun as the PA system was overridden, Steve's voice flowing into the room as it made Pierce stop dead in his tracks.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about Charlotte Watson and I over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price Lottie and I are willing to pay. And if we're the only ones, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet we're not."

Lottie watched through the grate, Jarvis informing her that STRIKE was currently on their way up to the floor, as Councilman Rockwell turned to look at Pierce.

"You smug son of a bitch,"

The HYDRA agents entered the room, where Councilman Singh sighed in relief.

"Arrest him,"

Their guns were turned to face the World Security Council, a smirk on Pierce's face.

"I guess I've got the floor," Pierce, glass of champagne still in hand, paced the room. Lottie locked eyes with Natasha for a moment, who only signaled her to wait. Pierce walked to the windows, where Lottie could see the hellicarriers in the air firing, which meant that Steve and Sam were currently out there. "Let me ask you a question. What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were gonna drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution? And you could just stop it with a flick of the switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?"