THREE

"I don't see what the problem is

"I don't see what the problem is. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know, there's three and a half million women here."

Steve let out sigh, walking only beside Bucky. The Stark Expo was gran and extraordinary, and Steve just felt out of place as he walked through the Expo alongside Bucky. He wanted to be anywhere but here.

"And you know I'd settle for just one," Steve retorted, his mind drifting off to the young woman that had his heart from day one. From her dark brown locks that were soft as silk, to her glowing green eyes that reminded him of the grass on a bright spring day. Everything about Charlotte Watson was perfect to him, and she was the only woman worth a damn in his eyes.

Bucky didn't even have to look down at the love struck face on Steve's face to know exactly what he was thinking.

"Good thing I took care of that,"

Steve raised an eyebrow as they turned a corner. A gorgeous brunette was resting near a statue at the Stark Expo, obviously Bucky's date. But there stood Charlotte next to her, wearing the most gorgeous blue dress in the world that brought out the blue hidden deep in her green eyes. She was the most gorgeous thing on the face of the earth, and no one could convince Steve of anything different.

Steve couldn't help but stare as Bucky dragged him toward the two girls. He knew that Bucky has set him up to be with Lottie tonight not just because of his giant crush on the woman, but because he knew that Lottie was probably the only woman in New York that would actually be here tonight with him.

But he was going to pretend, for just this one night, that Lottie was his.

"At least she only knows the good stuff about you," Bucky teased as they neared the girls. The girl stood next to Lottie squealed, causing the young woman to wince. Bucky caught the girl in his arms as Steve made his way toward Lottie.

Charlotte smiled, looking over Steve as he walked toward her. He always did clean up nice, and she thought he looked as handsome as always in his messed up suit. He stood in front of her, and she reached up to moved the single hair out of place on his forehead.

"You clean up nice, Stevie," she whispered with a smile. Lottie truly couldn't take her eyes off of the man in front of her. He wasn't like every other man in New York, he was different. Lottie liked different.

"And you look gorgeous, doll,"

"Lovebirds! Let's go!"

Lottie and Steve both rolled their eyes at Bucky's comment, taking off after him and his date for the night. Steve held out his arm for his best friend, and she quickly wound her arm through his as they followed their best friend through the Stark Expo.

Bucky glanced back every few minutes to check on his best friends. He smiled each time he realized that they were truly in their own little world behind him and his date. They were sharing a bag of peanuts, laughing as they pointed out all of the different technologies displayed around the Expo, created by Howard Stark himself.