ONE HUNDRED SIX

NEW JERSEY, 1970

NEW JERSEY, 1970

Adjusting the army uniform over her body, Charlotte moved alongside Steve and Tony through Camp Lehigh, the two soldiers doing their best to keep their heads down and stay unrecognizable. Steve wore a pair of sunglasses to hide his identity why Lottie puffed up the collar of her suit jacket, trying her best to keep her face covered.

"Clearly you two weren't born here, right?" Tony questioned the pair.

"The idea of us was," Steve informed him as they kept heir heads down, passing a group of soldiers.

"Right. Well, imagine you're SHIELD, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization. Where do you hide it?"

"In plain sight," Lottie spoke up.

Both her and Steve landed their eyes on the bunker, the same one where years ago they had found Arnim Zola's mind recorded on thousands of feet of tape. They shared a nod with Tony before moving toward the bunker.

Inside the elevator, they were placed next to an older woman, who continued to eye them suspiciously. Tony made sure to place himself directly in front of Steve and Lottie to keep their faces hidden.

The elevator opened to Tony's floor as he took a step out.

"Good luck on your mission Captain...Lieutenant,"

Lottie rolled her eyes at Tony's horrid code names for the two.

"Good luck on your project, Doctor,"

The elevator doors closed one more as Lottie kept her face hidden to the side as she felt the eyes of the woman next to them lingering on their figures.

"You two new here?"

"Not exactly," Steve mumbled, shooting her a kind smile before their floor came, Steve pulling his wife out of the elevator as fast as possible.

Together, the pair found a spare room inside of the hallway that Hank Pym's lab was located on. Scanning through the files, Lottie found the extension for Pym's lab and handed it to Steve as she used her bracelets and Friday to hack into the line and hear the conversation.

"Hello? Dr. Pym?" Lottie rolled her eyes at Steve's nervous tone of voice.

"That would be the number that you called, yes,"

"This is Capt. Stevens and...Lotson from shipping. We have a package for you," Lottie couldn't actually contain the roll of her eyes at his comment.

"Bring it up,"

"That's the thing sir...we can't,"

"Well isn't that your job?"

"Hello Dr. Pym, this is Capt. Lotson," Lottie answered as she ripped the phone from Steve's hands, shooting him an annoyed look. "The issue is that we can't exactly bring it up. The box is currently glowing and some of our men don't feel so good now."

"...they didn't open it, did they?"

"Unfortunately they did, you might want to get down here,"

The sound of Hank Pym's frantic yelling flying by the door allowed Lottie to hang up the phone. She turned to her husband, crossing her arms as she raised an eyebrow at him.

"Captain Lotson? Seriously?"

"I was nervous, alright, doll? Can we just get the particles and you can berate me later?"

Together and as quietly and quickly as possible, Lottie and Steve snuck out of the room and slipped inside the door beside them that led to Pym's lab.

The pair split up, searching the room to try and find Pym's stash of his particles. Steve called out for Lottie as she rounded the corner, sharing a smile as their eyes landed on the glass case full of Pym Particles sitting before them.

They each grabbed a handful of the particles, placing them into their pockets before quickly exiting the lab and moving down the hallway, keeping their heads hung low.

"And you've never seen these 2 men and this woman before?"

"No, I've got an eye for this. They all looked pretty fishy,"

Lottie grabbed onto Steve's arm, pulling them both to a stop in the corridor. Up ahead, the woman from the elevator was speaking with two security guards about them and Tony.

"Can you describe them?"

"Well, one of them had a hippie beard,"

Lottie quickly turned and began to walk down the hallway. She paused and turned to grab Steve, but he had already disappeared into a room directly next to them. There was no time to follow, as the woman and guards were already too close, so Lottie continued to move down the hallway as quickly as possible.

Ducking into a room further down the hallway, Lottie shut the door behind her as she watched as the woman and the guards moved past without noticing her. She let out the breath that she had been holding, closing her eyes as she double checked her pocket to make sure that the particles were secure.

"This is a surprise. Last I knew, you were buried somewhere in the ocean,"

Lottie's blood ran cold at the sound of the voice behind her. Her body went rigid as her eyes trailed over the name written on the door in front of her.

DOROTHY WATSON
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS

Swallowing the lump in her throat, throwing all caution to the wind, Lottie turned around to face the woman leaning against the desk behind her.

"Mom?"

◼ ◼ ◼

OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know in an earlier chapter I have Jessica Chastain playing Dorothy Watson, but since it's been thirty some years I decided that she needed someone different. Sela Ward is now the faceclaim of Dorothy Watson.