ONE HUNDRED TWO

"Lottie?"

"Lottie?"

Natasha Romanoff entered her friend's bedroom of the compound, looking around to try and spot her. Her eyebrows raised as she couldn't see her anywhere in the room, until she finally rounded the bed.

Charlotte quickly looked up, smiling at her friend as she moved the picture frame that sat in her hands behind her back, pretending to not notice that Natasha had definitely seen it.

"Hey, sorry, I was just..."

"Reminiscing?"

Sliding to the floor beside her friend, Nat sent the woman a kind smile as they sat together. With a short laugh, Lottie finally nodded her head in affirmation.

"Yeah, I guess that's the word you could use," Lottie looked down at her hands, playing with the wedding ring on her finger. "It's just crazy to think that...this might actually work. If it does, we can actually undo everything. We can win."

"We can see them all again," Nat finished off, looking over at her friend as Lottie raised en eyebrow at her. "You've seen me cry how many times in the last five years? I'm not a complete hard-ass, I reminisce too."

The two woman shared a laugh together, sitting in silence for a few moments.

"Thank you, Nattie,"

"For what?"

"Everything," Lottie's hand reached over, enveloping her's. "I don't think I've ever said it. When I woke up, besides Tony, you were one of the first people there for me. Took me under your wing, trained me, became my friend. When Steve woke up...you've always been there for both of us. I don't think we can ever thank you enough."

"You don't have to. You're my family," Natasha gave the woman's hand a squeeze before shooting her a smirk. "Besides, I kinda owed you after saving my ass on the Cairo mission."

Another laugh floated through the air between the two. It had been so long since they had gotten to just sit with one another and laugh, talk like the world wasn't damaged.

Moments like these, knowing they were about to risk their lives to do something so dangerous to save the world, made everyone on the team reflect on their lives and the people in them. Lottie really never got the chance to thank Nat enough for all she had done for her over the years. She was the from the start until the end.

Charlotte Rogers never thought she'd have a girl friend the way that she did with Peggy again, and Natasha Romanoff never thought she'd even be so close to someone the way they were. Thankfully, the universe had pushed them together.

"He's in Tokyo," Natasha mumbled after a few moments of silence, her hand still in Lottie's as the image of Clint flashes through both of their minds. "Quinjet takes off in about twenty, I'm gonna go get him. I just...I hope he isn't too far gone."

"We have a chance, there's hope left for those we lost," Lottie told her with a shrug. "You give him that hope, he'll latch onto it. Especially coming from you. We're gonna do this, Nat."