BONUS: "CAIRO"

CAIRO, EGYPT 2012

CAIRO, EGYPT 2012

"This already feels off,"

The black SUV crossed the Nile river and away from the heart of Cairo, moving down the Al Haram and into the heart of Giza instead, on track for their destination.

Natasha Romanoff and Charlotte Watson were sat side by side in the back of the truck, sporting their SHIELD uniforms as the pair were going over the mission in their heads.

"Got a strange feeling?" Nat questioned her friend.

"Yeah. Might just be from being in another country, but it's putting me on edge," Lottie looked up from her lap and to her friend beside her. "Just us on this mission or do we have backup?"

"STRIKE team is already on the scene. They're doing a perimeter sweep, trying to stay undercover and keep the tourists safe," Natasha pulled down the holographic screen from the top of the SUV, a upgrade from Tony. "Let's go over the details one last time."

With a tap on the screen, holographic images of the Pyramids of Giza appeared before them, certain sections lighting up on the map.

"Fury said there's reports from locals about strange activity coming from the Pyramid of Khufu," the largest of the three pyramids lit up on the screen as Lottie tapped on it. "Apparently there are groups of people going inside the pyramid, and they don't come out."

"Only way in is with the admission fee, and even then you're guided on a direct path," Natasha pulled up the inside schematics of the pyramid, highlighting the route that tourists are put on. "Best guess is a secret organization, built their base inside the pyramids. Similar activity from the Menkaure pyramid."

"Surveillance is our mission, so I say we split up," Lottie offered her friend as the SUV pulled into the lot near the Great Pyramids. "Each of us take some of STRIKE, get on a tour and take a look around for anything suspicious. We don't want to draw these guys out, we don't want them to know we're onto them."

"Suit up and put your earpiece in. I'll take Menkaure and you take Khufu,"

Minutes later, Natasha and Charlotte exited the SUV, their suits disposed of and replaced with simple outfit to help them blend in to the tourists and not draw suspicion.

Arranging their handguns in the straps beneath their jackets, the two agents approached the STRIKE team, who waited in simple undercover outfits as well.

"Widow, Slate," Brock Rumlow nodded his head at the pair as they approached him.

"Good to see you, Rumlow," Lottie told him with a nod, looking over at Nat. "I'll take Rumlow, Johnson and Keller. Take Rollins and his men with you."

"Copy that, Lieutenant," Natasha teased, giving her friend a mock salute as she moved away with her team toward the Menkaure pyramid. "Stay safe, radio if there's any issues."