THIRTY-TWO

Steve Rogers and Charlotte Watson landed together on the ground of the vast forest that was below the quinjet

Steve Rogers and Charlotte Watson landed together on the ground of the vast forest that was below the quinjet. The pair quickly unhooked their parachutes, leaving them where they lied on the ground. Steve strapped his shield to his arm as Lottie grabbed her gun, holding it firm as she surveyed the land around them.

"Jarvis, where's Tony?"

"Mr. Stark is in the clearing beyond the trees to your right, Ms. Watson,"

Lottie nodded, gesturing for Steve to follow her as the moved in the direction that Jarvis told her to move in. Steve's eyes involuntarily moved to Lottie every few moments, watching her like it was the first time he had ever seen her before.

"Who exactly are you talking to?"

"Tony's AI, Jarvis," Lottie stole a glance over at Steve, smiling at his confused expression. "Artificial Intelligence, he's this little voice basically and I can ask him to do whatever I want."

"You're adjusting to all of this really well," Steve mumbled, still admiring the view of Lottie. She grinned, looking forward as they climbed up the small hill beside them, hearing the commotion that was happening just feet away.

"I can thank Erksine and Howard for that," she told him, looking over with another grin that made Steve's heart stop. "Now I have you, and everything seems right again."

"Lottie, about us-"

"There will be time to talk about that, Stevie, I promise. We've got all the time in the world now," Steve couldn't help but match Lottie's smile. "First, I think we need to stop this god from killing Howard's son."

Lottie and Steve climbed the small hill, standing on the broken truck of a tree as Tony and Thor went to fight with one another once again. Steve geared up, throwing his shield at them as it bounced off them both, coming right back to them as they now had all attention on them.

"That's enough,"

The pair jumped down from their spot, standing just a few feet away from Tony and Thor. Lottie took a second to look over Thor before looking at Tony.

"Let me guess: made a Shakespeare joke and pissed him off?"

"I hate when you're spot on,"

"Now I don't know what you plan ondoing here-" Steve was quickly cut off by Thor.

"I've come here to put an end toLoki's schemes!"

"Then prove it," Lottie chimed in, gun raised and aimed toward the God. "Put the hammer down."

"Uh, yeah! No! Bad call, he loveshis hammer-"

Tony's rambling was cut off as Thor swung said hammer, knocking Tony back a few paces before he turned to look at the two that stood before him. 

"You want me to put the hammer down?"

Steve and Lottie's eyes widened as Thor rushed forward, jumping through the air at them as the hammer was coming down upon them. Steve quickly reached out, pulling Lottie into him as he curled them into a ball, holding his shield above them just as Thor's hammer came down and connected with it.