EIGHTY-SIX

TWO YEARS LATER

TWO YEARS LATER

"I can try and bring up the idea to Ross, but I can't promise that he won't shoot it down immediately,"

Charlotte Watson hummed at the words that left James Rhodes' lips. Throwing the oven mitts down on the counter, she took the pizza pan out of the oven, sliding it onto the counter as well as Rhodey dove in, placing pieces on both of their plates.

"All I ask is that you try," Lottie told him with a smile, chuckling as she watched him burn his mouth on the hot slice. "It's been two years, the least he can do is think about doing is exonerating the rest of the team."

"You just miss Mr. Spangles," Lottie tore one of the pepperoni pieces off her pizza, throwing it toward Rhodey with a laugh. "Should we save some of this for Tony?"

"No way, I'm sure him and Pepper will grab something to eat after their run,"

Rhodey hummed in agreement. He rose from the island counter, taking his plate with him as he gave a mock salute to Lottie, moving out of the room.

"Alright, I'm gonna go prepare for this meeting. Let me know if you need anything,"

"Will do, Rhodey. Good luck,"

Lottie was left on her own once more in the kitchen, cleaning up the mess they had made in order to have lunch. 

The past two years...they were a combination of ups and downs. Since that day, Lottie hadn't seen Steve again, and it was one of the hardest things she had ever been through. Not knowing if he and the team were completely okay and safe was a hard thing to come to terms with, and not seeing the love of her life was rough.

Tony and Lottie had their moments where they were at one another's throats, but they also had their moments where they were completely okay. Peter Parker had been a large help in keeping Charlotte sane through the past two years. She couldn't even recount the amount of times she had taken the boy out to lunch at this point.

As she placed the last of the dishes in the dishwasher, the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. Lottie paused as she heard the sound of something behind her, quickly reaching under the island counter overhang.

She whipped around, her gun at the ready as he eyes landed on the strange man behind her, illuminated by the burning, golden circle behind him.

"Charlotte Watson, my name is Dr. Stephen Strange," the man spoke to her, but Lottie's grip on her gun never wavered. "I need you to come with me."

"I'm not going anywhere with you without proof that I can trust you, so you better start talking,"

Stephen Strange stayed silent as Tony Stark and Bruce Banner walked out from behind him. Lottie's eyes widened as her hands finally came down to her sides, her gun resting on the table as she stepped toward them.