FIFTY

{ made by the AMAZING phoenixheartsss of course!}

The last thing that Sam Wilson expected to see when he opened his house door was Steve Rogers with his living legend girlfriend, Slate, and the infamous Black Widow beside him.

"Hey man," Sam said, giving a nod of his head to Steve. Lottie sent the kind man a smile, though was gripping onto her side in pain.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low,"

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha chimed in. Sam only nodded his head, opening his front door wider.

"Yeah, well not everyone,"

The trio entered the house as Sam shut the door behind them, pulling the blinds down just in case someone was watching from the outside.

Natasha and Lottie took seats at the kitchen counter as Steve shook hands with Sam, thanking him once again.

"Bathroom is straight through that door down there," Sam told them, pointing to a door down the hallway. "You guys can go ahead and clean up, you look like you've been through hell."

Natasha rose from her seat, sending a smirk between Steve and Lottie.

"I think the women will clean up first, don't need to send in the couple. It could be awhile,"

Lottie rolled her eyes, shoving Natasha lightly with a laugh. Sam was laughing as well as Steve walked forward, giving Natasha a roll of his eyes as he placed a kiss on Lottie's forehead, letting her leave the room with Natasha in tow.

With a wince, Lottie lowered herself to sit on the bed in the room, lying back on the mattress and allowing herself a moment to just relax. Nat smiled as she watched her, walking past her into the bathroom and quickly washing herself off with the sink and the washcloths hung on the wall.

"You know, I used to always say live boldly to Steve and Bucky," Lottie said, looking up at the ceiling as Natasha reentered the bedroom, drying her hair as she had just wet it in the sink. "Didn't think that would come back to mean running away from SHIELD as fugitives."

Natasha chuckled, sitting beside her friend as she pressed a washcloth to Lottie's injured side. The girl hissed for a moment, before relaxing into the feeling.

"Did you come up with that?"

"No, my dad did," Lottie told her, looking up at her friend with a small smile. "He was the best. He always taught me that if I couldn't win a fight with strength, to win it by outsmarting them. He wanted me to be strong on my own, to not rely on Bucky to come to the rescue."

"He was supposed to be the recipient of Project Rebirth, wasn't he?"

"Yeah, until HYDRA found them," Natasha watched Lottie closely. This was the first she was hearing of Lottie's past directly from her. Some stuff you just couldn't read in a file. "They already knew about the project, hence Johann Schmidt, but they found Erksine again. He died keeping Schmidt from getting his hands on the serum, even helped develop the idea of Project Athena. I just hope I'm the woman he always wanted me to be."